We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas!

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas!

Anyone going over for Christmas? I've just booked with family, never been over there for Christmas so I'm quite intrigued!

Katie

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas!

Yes, we always go for Christmas and it's brilliant!

You will love it. Lots of lovely decorations, Santas, etc. Also lovely red poinsettias planted everywhere in full bloom.

More importantly you won't be needing your electric blanket and you'll have your shorts on!!!

Enjoy!

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas!

You've made me more excited lol!

Is it much cooler in the winter than the summer? Obviously it will be warmer than the UK which is a bonus but will I be able to get away with summery clothes or will I need cover ups? We go to Puerto de la cruz if that's any help?

Eeeek! Best christmas present ever lol!

Katie

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas!

Hi Katie105

You will be ok with shorts ect during the day but it can be a bit cool after dark so a LIGHT jacket or cardigan is a good idea if you are out in the evenings

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas!

Daytime temps in December SHOULD be mid 20's but do remember to take some warm clothes for your trip back to COLD,WET UK at the end of your holiday ;0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

5. Re: Christmas!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:19