We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weeks car hire from TFS

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
weeks car hire from TFS

We've often hired in Tenerife and only had one bad experience, with Hertz- a/c stopped working and car lost power. Upon returning it a slightly better one was provided.

I see Hertz has some bad press here. Also I've had AWFUL problems on other isalnds

Can anyone recommend a decent operation, pls?

Cicar, autoreisen, record?

I'm not keen on Cicar simply because they still- I think -advertise that it's a hire car you're in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

Hi

This link may be of use

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k58…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

We have used Autoreisen for the past 5 years with no problems whatsoever. They have their rental office next to the baggage carousel, their car collection point is in the main car park opposite airport arrivals exit, cars are not new but in reasonable condition and you return them with the same fuel contents as when collected (usually quarter full tank).

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

Recently used Autoreisen...........slightly older car but no rip-off fuel policies! I recommend.......

tenerife
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

Tenerife Sunshine have a UK car hire compnay that is 160 Euros all in, not sure what prices you are looking at but there are a great company to deal with

Chayofa, Spain
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

Have used both Cicar & Autoreisen in the past with no problems. I would give Autoreisen the edge on price. A C class car at the moment is about 115€ a week.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

We have been using Auto Reisin for years now.

Very efficient on pick up and drop off.

We have never had problems.

Seem well priced too.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 21:04
Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

We use AutoReisen who are very good. They are also used by the TUI group, usually a good marker of a reputable company!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

Thanks, all

9. Re: weeks car hire from TFS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:19