We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Flight

Cornwall
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Flight

Hi

We have booked 2 weeks in Tenerife for January flying with Thomsons.

We have had emails from them asking if we want to book our seats.

What advice do you have? Is it best to book? Looks like they have put us on opposite sides of the plane!! Not used to this, first time to Tenerife!!

Thank you

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Flight

What makes you think you are on opposite sides of the plane ? Usually, you only find out on the flight day check in which seats you have .( if you dont pre book )

We have been in this position before , sitting on either side of the aisle , so now we pay the extra and choose our seats .

Although saying this ,we paid last year for seats ,but were moved to accomodate a couple sitting on either side of the aisle . We have complained and are waiting for a reply .

The only way to ensure you sit together ( usually ) , is to pay the extra and pre book .

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Flight

If like me your 6' 4" and you need the extra leg room then pre book ,otherwise take your chances .Surely anyone can sit apart for such a short flight .....or have i been married to long ???

The charge of sitting together ....is a nice new dress !!! Well thats how my wife looks at it .

You leave in the same plane ,and arrive in the same plane ,neither will get lost or get off at the wrong stop!!LOL

Cornwall
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Flight

Thanks for advice, my husband is tall. Perhaps we should book seats then!! Though new dress sounds good too!!

Level Contributor
491 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Flight

I refuse to pay to sit together even on long haul flights, I take my chances. It is just another method of tour operators getting more of your hard earned cash

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Flight

Hi, we always pay extra for pre booked seats at the front, not only do I like sitting together, but also you don't have to rush to get on.

lancs
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Flight

Hi,I agree,we always pay the extra and choose our own seats,I wouldn't like it if one of us was at the front and the other at the back.

Marie....

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Flight

Do people really have to rush on a Thomsons flight ? seats are allocated once you have checked in and thats your seat whether you get on first or last ?? I can understand that with Ryanair where seats arent allocated .Why does anyone rush on ? your just going to be sat in cramped conditions longer !

"One at the front ,one at the back " sounds good to me !!Wifey would have to buy her own drinks and perfume !!!LOL

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Flight

We are flying with Thomsons from Edinburgh next Tuesday. I recieved an E mail from them a couple of days ago about flight extras. After reading this topic last night I entered their site to find out the cost of booking seats. It was goint to cost the 2 of us a total of £35. However it also showed the seating plan and only about 20 - 25% of the seats have been pre booked. I decided not to waste my money. Half an hour ago I recieved a phone call from Thomsons trying to get me to pre book my seat. 1. They obviously monitor you looking at their website. 2. They must be desperate and are trying to screw every penny from travellers. If everyone stood together and refused to pay these extra charges, we would all be sitting next to the people we are travelling with. But to make sure check in sooner rather than later.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Flight

Oleg ! you don't get out of that so easy ....your "Wifey" can always tell the hostess her "Bank" is at the back !

Sylla ;-))

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Flight

I flew Thomsons from Exeter in February, I was travelling with my 13 year old daughter. We didn't prebook but at check in asked to sit together and also if we could have seats near the front. We got both of these no problem. I have never pre booked sets. As others have said just another way for airlines to make money!