We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to La Gomera

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Ferry to La Gomera

I've used tne Naveira Armas Ferry in the past, but see that they only have dates until the early part of January on their website.

I have emailed the company to ask when they will be announcing later dates but they haven't replied.

Does anyone know if they are in danger of ceasing to trade?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

Don´t think they are good at updates LOL. Just wander down to the harbour in Los Cris 30 mins before you wish to go and buy your ticket. Fridays are always very busy though so if you can pick another day.

https://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

Can anyone tell me the price of the ferry from Los Cristianos to La Gomera return. How long is the ferry journey. Thank you

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

There are two ferry companies: Naveira Armas and Fred Olsen.

NA is both cheaper and slower, taking about 1h 45mins against just under the hour.

NA is approx E65 return and FO approx E80. There are discounts for students, over 60's and residents.

Just Google their websites for up-to-date information on times and fares.

Portugal
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

jaffasdad is right, there are two ferry choices but they're both a bit quicker now with Fred Olsen taking about 40 mins and the NA about an 60 mins.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

Thanks for your replies appears cheaper to go on the day excursion with tenerife sunshine excursions

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

Do both companies do discounts? Looks like I'll be eligible on my next visit to Tenerife!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

What is the crossing like in terms of sea conditions from Los Cristianos to La Gomera?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

@ michael w ....depends on the weather the day your traveling.........

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

As James said it does depend on the weather but as it is good most days the chances of you having a bad crossing are very few, and the ferries are also enormous. I don´t think you can compare it to say the Channel Crossing, it is far smoother.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry to La Gomera

Certainly far better crossing than heading over the channel .Often the only waves you get on the beaches at Los Cris are from the ferries gathering speed