We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or Taxi from the airport?

iceland
Level Contributor
325 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or Taxi from the airport?

Hi,

Me and my wife will be travelling with our 7 month old to Tenerife. Our arrival is at 15.15 in the afternoon and were wondering if it would be better to take the bus that the travel agency has or taking a taxi. The cost of the bus is 25 Euros for us. How much is roughly the cost for a taxi from the airport to Parque Santiago? Also, would you take a 7 month old in a taxi that does not have a baby seat? That is probably our main worry.

Thanks.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or Taxi from the airport?

Hi, we always use the local buses from and two the airport. You can access the TITSA website in English. The bus stops are right outside the exit doors from the airport.

As I have asked elsewhere on this forum, perhaps someone with young children, can advise if taxis carry children's seats.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or Taxi from the airport?

I can't give any info on the price of taxi but why is the baby at any greater risk in a taxi than on a bus? Presumably buses don't have baby seats either.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or Taxi from the airport?

Hi Keith, although that may be our opinion, many parents will want to strap their children into a child's seat, as they would in the UK.

Therefore I think it is a relevant, and as my children are now much older, I hope someone can help.

4. Re: Bus or Taxi from the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife