We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Tenerife now?

Wantage, Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Tenerife now?

Been checking weather reports for Tenerife (we go end of May) and very disappointed to see lots of rain clouds! Can anyone comment on what the weather's been like in the Playa de las Americas area in the last few weeks?

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

Hi Mysti,

My friend rang me at 12.30 today and said it was baking hot.

Take a look at these web cams and you might get a better idea than just looking at the weather reports.

meteosurfcanarias.com/webcams/…index.php

Keith.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

check out the 10 day forecast for Los Cristianos here:

http://www.terra.es/portal/site/tiempo

If you don't speak Spanish, select Los Cristianos from the city drop-down list (Ciudad) and hit go (ir). Sol/Soleado means sun/sunny!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

Do you tend to find that website accurate? It says its going to be 30 degrees in Santa Cruz when I'm there next weekend! Much joy!

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

I find it more accurate than most for the south of the island. The BBC weather was forecasting cloud and rain for the middle of this week but Los Cristianos and PDLA had virtually unbroken sunshine all week. If you want to see what the current weather is in Santa Cruz log onto these webcams.

http://www.sctfe.es/trafico/camara1.html

personales.ya.com/metbee/metbeecam.html

The first one shows the temperature in the street, it's currently 24c!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

Thanks for those great webcam links - it's looking glorious out there at the moment. This time next week we'll be there!

lancashire
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

Hi

i came back from tenerife on tuesday and it was absolutly roasting not a cloud in the sky for a week and it was glorious. The temp said 22 but it was much much warmer than that.

Hope u have fun

derby england
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

I went to tenerife on the 12th of May and returned early hours of this morning. I too checked several weather checkers and was disappointed to see lots of cloud and rainy days.

There was not one cloud in the sky all week and not one drop of rain! I stayed in the very south in Playa Paraiso though, apparently the weather reports are taken from the north of the island so this may explain why the weather was inaccurate for where I went. I've come back with pealing skin so believe me it's hot. I would say it was 25+ most days. It's just bareable to sit in for an hour or so.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

Just returned from the south of the island after a ten day break. We hardly had any cloud, let alone bad weather. It was superb, hot & sunny the whole time. Ignore bad weather forecasts, as mentioned previously, these mostly apply to the North.

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

we are in americas at the moment its 23 40 and the temp is 23 degrees,dont believe the weather reports from home its red hot.

regards tigerman.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Tenerife now?

We stayed near Santa Cruz and the temperature didn't drop below 21 degrees night or day. We had a couple of scorching days and a couple of cloudy, but even when it was cloudy it was very warm. The weather in the south was scorching all week!