We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

Bromley
Level Contributor
243 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

Hi, am taking the family (me, wife, 3 teenagers) to Los Cristianos for 4 days next week.....have done some research so have the following resultant questions which it would be great if anyone could halp with.....

1. Siam park - busy next week? Any point in fast track tickets? Am assuming get there 30mins before opening?

2. Volcano - My guidebook says the drive from La Laguna up to the volcano is spectacular, but is it worth the trip on the motorway along the coast (1hr?), or am I just as well served going straight up from LC through Vilaflor?

3. Los Abrigos - Guidebook says is cool for a spot of dinner, again is the (9mile?) drive worth it or are we just as good staying in LC? Just thinking of going somewhere different 1 night......?

4. Day drive - Was also thinking of doing the drive through Teno - Los Gigantes, Garachico etc - is it worth going left (west) to the pinninsula? Or carrying on east to Icod de los Vinos?

many thanks

Family Cable

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

Can't help you with all your questions but will give you my thoughts on a few of your queries.

Garrachico from the main road is a drive in itself.Its down a very steep long road with lots of bends but Garrachico itself has a lot of history and I think worth a visit. It's quite a small town with a few nice restaurants and a couple of tourist shops.

Los Abrigos has some great restaurants but not much else.It is a pretty cove with fishing boats and a small town. There is quite a good craft market on a Tuesday if that interests you.

If I was looking for an overnight I would choose to go North to Puerto ,as the North is such a contrast and a lot more character than the South so it would make a change. It's an easy enough drive along the motorway.

We haven't done the Laguna drive but we have been via Villaflor and that is still a scenic route through the almond trees.

These are just my opinions and I hope others will give their suggestions.

Have a great holiday!

Bromley
Level Contributor
243 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

Many thanks - just to clarify, I'm not looking to go away from LC overnight, just looking for somewhere to go one eve for dinner so we don't eat 34 nights running on the same promenade!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

Los Abrigos has some fantastic restaurants as has La Calletta on the other opposite side of Los Cristianos (the Adeje end).You could walk along the flat promenade to La Calletta and have lunch or check out the restaurants yourselves.

It is a long walk but my husband and I have done it and we're in our 60's.

I think either of those places would be a change from LC.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

los abrigos = best fish soup ive had in my life !! we saw them landing large tuna and all of a sudden loads of women came down with wheel barrows to buy and carry the fish back !!...never seen anything like it before...lol. plenty of space to free park to . mount teide is a must ...we usually drive from TF1 up into the mountains the roads are a bit bendy at 1st but after a few miles they are great with plenty of picnik areas once up there you can take the cable car ( around £25 or euro ) take warm clothing as its not as warm up there . los gigantes is worth a look ..only a small beach but has a nice harbour parking is easier if you follow the road right through the one way system and park outside the police station ( if its still there !! ) . hope this has been of help ...theres so much to see & do ...lol.

5. Re: First time next week! Any help appreciated.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife