We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife designer shopping

Save Topic
Tenerife designer shopping

My boyfriend and I are heading to Playa de las Americas in June. What are the designer shops lile there? Also I have read there is a 'Michael Kors' store in Santa Cruz does anyone know if the items would be cheaper over there than in Ireland or the UK?

up north
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

not a shop i have heard of but it should be a lot cheaper than in ireland where prices are sky high and more than likely cheaper than the uk too.but you will have to get to santa cruz from las americas so unless you are buying something expensive and saving a lot ? is it worth it to save a bit ? only you will know..

up north
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

you might try the markets where copies of most designer brands are on sale, offer half what they ask is a good starting price to barter with.

essex
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

There is a shop in Porto Colon,I think it is called Fund Grube,sells perfumes,aftershaves,designer cloths,handbags etc., all genuine and at very good prices.WELL WORTH A VISIT.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

Hi, Santa Cruz is great for shopping. The bus fare will be about 5€. From the bus station the centre of town is about a 15 minute walk. Most of the shops are on one main, traffic-free street. At the top of this street are a number of good designer shops, well worth a visit. Most smaller shops close for a long lunch, so either get their early, or as we do arrive at 4pm, the shops stay open till at least 8pm.

Next to the bus station is the large departmental store El Corte Inglas, similar to House of Fraser. Close by are two shopping centres, with all the Spanish high street stores. These shops stay open all day.

Tenerife is great for shopping, a lot cheaper than in the UK. Children's cloths are very good. Also look out for MoMu, No1 and Zara.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 22:22
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

Have not been to the MoMu in Santa Cruz but the ones in La Laguna and Santa Maria del Mar have all closed down.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

I really don't think that the designer shops are cheaper in Tenerife and in most cases they're more expensive,

Guess bags ,perfume ,designer watches ,Lacoste etc are all more expensive .

Even shops like Mango are cheaper at home.

Although bring from Southern Ireland and with your currency being the Euro it might make a difference.

I would check the prices at home or on line first.

When the pound was strong against the euro something's were cheaper but not anymore unfortunately.

7. Re: Tenerife designer shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:17