We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of a cheap winter sun holiday at the very end of November.

Not too sure how many of us, anything from 2ppl to poss 5ppl. We want somewhere cheap, cheerful and sunny as I don't expect we will get a summer if the past few years are to go by.....

We'd like to be central to most things as we won't be hiring a car. There needs to be some form of nightlife, although it doesn't have to be the whole club scene. A nice beach would be good, although not essential.

We are aged mid - late 20's.

Any idea's on what part of Tenerife to consider looking at?

Thanks

Crystals Palace
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Comedy Clubs
Tramps The King Of Clubs
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos
Showtime Live
Dinner Theatres, Comedy Clubs, Performances
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

PDLA, Los Cris or Costa Adeje. They all join on to each other. PDLA is the centre.

South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Thanks for the reply DaisyEngland.

Someone has mentioned the Gulf Der Sur area, and it sounds nice enough. Although semi worried may not be quite enough to keep us entertained! How close/easy is it to get to PDLA if we wanted a change of scenery though?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Hi

While the Golf is a nice place if you want the "life" it is a taxi ride into Playa/LC. Also {although it does not worry many } it is under the flight path for the south airport so aircraft noise is something to take onboard if you where to stay there. There is a bus service that can take you into Playa but it is not a very frequent service so that is something else to think about.

The Golf as the name suggests caters for that sport and although it is not the main thing if it is not something you play I think as Daisy has said PDLA, Los Cris or Costa Adeje IMO would suit you far better :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

4. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 17:34
South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Hi Sparhawk1,

Do you know roughly how much a taxi would be from Golf Der Sur to Playa? Yes, I did read about the aircraft noise - on my holiday in March we was quite near the airport but it didn't create any issues - how bad is it in the Golf?

To be honest, I would probably be more inclined to stay in PDLA from what I have heard/read etc.... I don't want to explore much this holiday - I already had one in March and another in Sept for that! This is purely for a break and some sun!

From what I can tell, the weather should still be pretty good at the very end of Nov?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Hi

From the Golf taxi would around 15 euro each way and regarding the weather we often go in November and have daytime temps mid 20's upwards although after dark in can feel a little cool if you are out so a LIGHT jacket or cardigan MAY be a good idea. Shorts and tee shirts during the day,sunbathing between 10 am to 4 PM and return to the UK with a lovely tan :0)

Re aircrafts ,the Golf is on the direct flight path in and out of the south airport so you will have the noise but I have not heard of anyone staying on the Golf saying it caused and disruption while away on holiday so I think that like most things after the first few take offs/landings you would not notice it :0). As you say Playa will put you in the heart so saving on fares ;0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Edited: 09 May 2013, 09:48
Lowton, warrington...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

hi we have been to golf del sur 4 times over the last few years. the beach is not good . last year we spent most of our time traveli ng to pdla. golf del sur is now very very quite .too quite for us and we are in our 70's.

ellen.d

South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Sparhawk1,

Thankyou so much for that :) Sounds like similar weather to Fuereventura when we went in March.

ellen.d,

thanks for your comment - def makes me think maybe that area isn't for us!! Although not keen on the full on clubbing scene I do like something to be happening!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Hi

No problem, glad to help :0). Regarding rge "Clubbing scene" I would not worry too much with that, the main one is Varonicas/ the Patch so if you are away from that it should be just a "normal" bars,eating places ect. If you look at the link below it shows many of the hotels ect along the Playa/LC area as well as bus stations ect. Each square takes about 10 mins to walk and you will be able to see Veronicas on the map as well, at least that way you can find reviews on TA for the hotels and find one in an area that will suit you. Overall LC is quieter than say the centre of Playa and you can work out how far to walk for any entertainment you may want. Whatever or where ever you choose to stay I hope you have a great time :0)

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go (what resort) at the end of November?

Thanks Sparhawk1 :o)

That map is very helpful! I am sure I will be in touch with more questions once decided if/where we are going!

Thankyou all