We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Even more facilities in Palm Mar

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Even more facilities in Palm Mar

I was in Palm Mar yesterday and learnt that a new restaurant will be opening at the beginning of next month. Could not get inside to have a look as it was full of workmen but it overlooks the sea and for anyone who know the area it is located in the large orange /rust coloured building by the roundabout on the main road, so fabulous sea views.

www.servimg.com/image_preview.php…

They (I assume council) are also building a kiosk on the 'beach' to serve drinks and intend to add a platform out to sea so they can organise water sports such as jet-skis www.servimg.com/image_preview.php… because May and June are quiet months they hope to complete now so come July everything will be ready for the tourists.

Girlfriend and I will be trying out the new bar/restaurant as soon as it is open!!!

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Even more facilities in Palm Mar

Great news for Palm Mar ...family and friends will love these happenings

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Even more facilities in Palm Mar

Palm mar needs this .After 5 years staying from Jan till end of March in Palm Mar we are going to stay I the west next year.

Nearly all the pubs and restaurants are only suitable for outdoor seating at night and in the winter it is far too cold.

Every year we have noticed fewer people in the bars and this year there were very few.

A lot was probably due to the restriction of letting to 3 month only.

I found this year it was quite depressing.

Street lights were almost always out and trying to avoid the dog mess was impossible.

Much as we liked Palm Mar we're looking forward to somewhere different.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Even more facilities in Palm Mar

Observation ...i see lots of expats with their dogs and plastic bags for any mess ,but as yet no see a local .Also on the Nature Reserve a good number of EX pats disposing of it properly ,when really its not actually required .

The vast number of dogs roaming freely are not owned by ex pats either .........theres a story in my observations somewhere !

its not just the 3 month rule thats making things quiet imo .......Majority of people there are workers or retired ,who like us just cant afford to go out every night.Add to the fact of the limit of the three month rule that means lack of tourists then the business's just cant survive .

A certain bar used once by many lost a lot of its trade once the original owners left ,the new ones imo did little to encourage the trade and went totally down the wrong route ......but now even thats gone .Just takes the right people and a lot of locals IMO would use it .That said its not helped by people who buy an apartment above a bar expecting no noise ! ....err wish they used their brains

4. Re: Even more facilities in Palm Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16