We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

I have just added the following link to one of my blogs and thought for those who don't see these that I would also share it on here. According to Janet Anscombe ... the EU is taking legal action against Spain over the flouting of regulations that require the EHIC card to be accepted. This is the link janetanscombe.com/news/eu-tackles-spain-over…

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

Interesting ... thanks for the info .... I usually get Janet's news through my emails automatically ... but with TalkTalk provider "up the creek ". nothing coming through .. will follow the outcome ... and seems to be hot topic at the moment ! and also waiting to hear if the Dialysis in Tenerife is still free with EHIC ..

Sylla

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

An interesting article ,but after reading Andrews tragic account of his brother on the forum I don't think anyone should rely on the EHIC alone.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

Yes, this was a feature of this morning's BBC breakfast news. They gave several examples where British visitors were being forced to provide insurance details and/or credit card for some fairly serious emergency treatment. We have only had one experience where medical treatment was required and the local doctor was not interested in our EHIC. I must admit that I do get quite irate that foreigners (inc EEC nationals) have no problems receiving treatment from our NHS yet this appears not to be reciprocated!

4. Re: EU tackles Spain on refusal of EHIC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17