We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

debit card or take euros?

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
debit card or take euros?

Is it best to take my card and use a tenerife cashpoint or should I get my euros before I go? Also where is best to get euros? Tesco, the money shop or post office? Cheers

1. Re: debit card or take euros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 07:30
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: debit card or take euros?

If I get 400 pounds worth of euros are all places basicaly the same? Is it just a case of saving afew pence by going to the best exchange offer?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: debit card or take euros?

Euro change is the best place to get your money exchanged though the UK just about the same € 1.15 or € 1.16 is the rate just now. If u change it in UK check centre give the best rate I've found.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,808 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: debit card or take euros?

I take enough cash to pay for a taxi from and back to the airport and then some drinks during the day. Other to that I use a credit card with no fee.

5. Re: debit card or take euros?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 07:04
Chester
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: debit card or take euros?

Hi,

last month I used a Thomas Cook pre-loaded master card and I had no problem using anywhere, restaurants, shops and bars. And you don't pay to use it unless you withdraw your money from an ATM (then2 euro's) If it gets nicked they say they will replace the card and money within 24 hours. So next trip I have already loaded some cash on to it and I will also take some euro's for taxi's, buses and the markets.

Keith.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: debit card or take euros?

Hi best place I've seen to get Euro's in the uk is Ramsdens gold shop. Not sure what their current rate is ( it was 1.141 last week) but in my experience they tend to be better than M&S, the post office or Thomas cook.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: debit card or take euros?

we took half euroes and half sterling ....we got a better rate on tenerife than uk.

9. Re: debit card or take euros?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife