We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help to plan holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need help to plan holiday

Hi ,

I am planning to go on a holiday to Tenerife end of Oct with my husband and my 5 yr old son and need some basic info for planning my holiday.

I am a bit confused as to where should I stay as I would like to visit the major attractions besides the beaches:Loro Park, Volcan El Teide. Masca Valley

At the same time I would need a place which is close to bus stops and restaurants.

Also not sure how well the different part of the island are connected as I would need to rely on local transport.

Are there buses running to connect the various attractions?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
282 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help to plan holiday

Where to stay... the resorts in the south (Costa Adeje, Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos) are all connected and it is easy to walk from one resort to the next.

For the excursions you have planned have a look on tenerife sunshine. I think transport for the excursions are more accessible in the south.

Below is the link to the website, its really popular on here and has offices across the resort

http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help to plan holiday

Thanks for the info..It is very useful.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help to plan holiday

Hi,

as Stacey has mentioned the 4 main resorts in the south, all of which are connected the only other option is in the north which is Puerto de la Cruz.

The south of the island has more sunshine and is built for the Brits. The north is more Spanish and cloudier.

PDLC has a main bus station with buses to most of the island. Also the Loro Park is never more than a 50 min walk or about 4 euros away from any hotel in PDLC.

Keith.

4. Re: Need help to plan holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:17