We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Hi

We are off to Tenerife in September, we went in 2010 and found that we did not enjoy the tea or coffee there, we are in a hotel whereby we know we have to take a travel kettle and either go and buy our tea, coffee and milk from the shop at the hotel ( we are a good few miles out of the nearest town) or take it with us, however I do not want to be stopped at the airport for taking in anything which is not allowed, so does anyone know whether these items are acceptable to bring into the country within my case.

thanks

Radcliffe, Gr...
Level Contributor
282 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Your fine taking tea bags and coffee, we put them in our big suitcase and buy some leche (milk) from the supermarket when we arrive

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Tea bags , coffee powder ( or granules ) and powdered milk can be carried in hand luggage or placed in hold baggage.

You can`t really take liquid milk ----- and it`s not a good idea taking milk in case it spills.

Graham

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

cheers thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Hi

We always take the tea and coffee from the UK in our suitcases , Tenerife arrivald do not check luggage at arrivals so you will have no problems :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,236 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

While you may be able to bring it from the UK, I dont think it is anything to do with the products bought here I think it is the water, it took me months before I got used to the taste, I tried everything on the market until I realised what it was.!!!

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Hi

We always take teabags, coffee and powdered milk in the suitcase with no problems at all and buy a big bottled water and boil that as it tastes so much better than the water from the tap.

Enjoy your stay.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

Coffee like NESCAFÉ bought over here dose tates diffenrent for what ever reason though if you buy it from iceland its english but very expensive around 11 euros a jar, i get people to bring coffee over for me like kenco and so on as they come in refills.

Hope this helps

Dok

up north
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

we just take teabags with us.dont bother with powered milk or coffee.

9. Re: Can teabags, coffee and powdered milk be taken from uk to te

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18