We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife Advise on Beaches and Locations

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Tenerife Advise on Beaches and Locations

Hi there,

I am urgently looking for some advise on the following areas as I am planning on booking a holiday by tomorrow for me and a mate in Tenerife.

Can anyone tell me where are the best beaches in Tenerife

I keep hearing about two locations ... Puerto De La Cruz and Playa De Las Americas. Which one is better for the nightlife (looking for clubs, restaurants ... rather than bars) and beach activities

Also ... I hear there is some sights like a dormant volcano ... can anyone give details on this and other sights in Tenerife

Thanks a lot !!!

Crystals Palace
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Comedy Clubs
Tramps The King Of Clubs
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos
North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife Advise on Beaches and Locations

It sounds like you want to go to Playa De Las Americas. The nightlife is a lot more geared towards young brits. The beaches are great all along that coast and there is more guaranteed sunshine thatn in the north. Mount Teide is the volcano you have heard about, and DEFINITELY worth a trip. Hire a car if you feel brave driving the roads or pick up one of the numerous coach trips. We liked the Anaga mountains area to the north east as well if you do hire a car, stunning scenery.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenerife Advise on Beaches and Locations

Teide is THE trip you should do on a visit to Tenerife if you are only planning one. You can check out details for the cable-car to the summit on this site: http://www.teleferico-teide.com/

It has an English option and you can also chack if the cable-car is operating that day saving a wasted journey if you are driving yourself. Having said that there is still plenty to see even if you can't get right to the summit.

Another must see in my opinion is the tiny village of Masca in the west. This is a beautiful, unspoilt village in a truly spectacular location in the mountains. It is also the start point for the six hour return walk of the Masca Gorge.