We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why are prices so high in early November?

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
why are prices so high in early November?

Been looking for 10 days , 4 star , AI or HB ! Sooooo expensive at the moment anyone know why ? Should we sit it out for a late deal ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

Hi

I do not know for sure but I do wonder if the conflict in Egypt has put some people off of that destination and {as with many holiday places} the popular ones {ie the Canary Islands} are "cashing in".

IMO if I found a price that I could cope with even though it is a high price I would go ahead and book the not check again to see if the price had changed :0). You could have the situation that the prices could just keep rising and end up not being able to afford it, then think how you will feel. We all work hard for our holidays and we all want the best and cheapest we can get but as the time ticks on the choices become less and less :0(

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

london
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

November is a lot of people's last get-away before Xmas. Always a very popular month, year after year!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,683 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

Its also from the beginning of November " Scandi Season " where tourists from Northern Europe travel to the Canaries to escape their winters ,so a lot of hotels go over to that market so that limits hotel rooms .This means UK prices increase

Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

Are you going school half term week? Some of the Manchester schools half term don't go back till November and school holiday time always pushes the price up.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,187 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

Apart from the fact that winter is high season in the Canaries, I agree with sparhawk1's comment. I have friends who live and work in Gran Canaria and they have said the hotels and apartments have definitely benefitted from the problems in Egypt and the rest of North Africa.

6. Re: why are prices so high in early November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:20