We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family fun

Leicester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Family fun

I want to take my 1 and 3 year old on their first trip abroad. I want to know where the hottest part of Tenerife is in January and what resorts are good for family's? We don't have a massive budget and would like to go for a long weekend.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family fun

The south of the island is normally warmer and drier than the north. Aim for Los Cristianos, Playa del las Americas or Costa Adeje. All these resorts join up to each other.

I know you're looking at January during which time the weather is normally sunny, but if it's only a long weekend with a 1 and 3 year old would you not be better off looking at mainland Spain which is only a 2 hour flight for the children's first trip abroad and planning this in the spring?

Flights would be less money (and you'd have to pay for the 3 year old), you'd get more choice of flight times with different carriers and the hotels are normally cheaper too if you're on a tight budget.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family fun

A first trip ,then i would maybe look closer to home .A 4 hour plus flight may be to much ,especially having to sit for so long ! That said closer to home you dont get Tenerifes weather ! Catch 22.

Another thing about January though day times last year were in the mid 20s ,nights became COLD.Felt worse after such high day time temps then falling quickly to single figures .You may also need to look at hotels /apartments that have heated pools .Non heated really dont heat up till late in the day ,so it cuts down the usage of them to many !

Ones to look at are Parque Santiago 3 and 4 .Both have heated pools ,and the best pool area is most certainly in 3 ,but you can use either if you stay in either complex .3 has a under 12s section in the pool area with slides ,inflatables etc which may be ideal for your little ones

3. Re: Family fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:20