We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longer Market Hours

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Longer Market Hours

The Market of Our Lady of Africa, also known as La Recova wants to extend its hours so that it can open in the evening as the organisers believe people need continuity. Lets hope their application is accepted as this is the only market I really like. As well as all of the stalls the market has 19 eateries.

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com/

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longer Market Hours

Where is it Aguilas and what sort of market is it please?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longer Market Hours

It is the beautiful pink building in Santa Cruz, its proper name is Mercado Nuestra Señora de Africa "La Recova" you can see it here http://www.la-recova.com/el-mercado/ and it is open every day but only until 2.00pm. It is about a 10 min walk maximum from the bus station. You can buy lots of spices (I know you like cooking) fresh flowers and plants as well as meat and veg. Click through the website above, all sorts of things they do but nothing like say the Adeje or Los Cris market. If you want to get the clothes, stuff from Africa etc then go on a Sunday when the streets around it also have the Rastro Market going on.

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longer Market Hours

Thanks for that I'm not keen on markets but I love food markets.

I do hope they extend their hours as we're hopeless at getting anywhere early ! But will definitely give it a visit.

4. Re: Longer Market Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:21