We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late March...

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late March...

I realise nothing is set in stone with regards to weather but having only done "summer" holidays for the last 10/12 yrs I was wondering what temps I might expect during the last week of March - we're staying in Costa Adeje @ Sensatori but will be looking at going out, probably up to Teide

Thanks in advance

Wendy

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late March...

This link below show last years temperatures as measured at the south airport.

https:/…Tenerife-Canarias-Spain

Remember that the lowest temperatures are usual between 4 and 6am - so evenings are generally around 20 degrees when out and about.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 20:51
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late March...

If you are only used to summer temperatures you will notice a difference.

The nights are much cooler and although the temperatures might seem high there is often a cool breeze.

The sun goes down about 6.45 .

As you say nothing is set in stone and you can get very warm days or quite cool it and it can be quite mixed.

We have been there for March the last 6 years and have had all sorts of weather from very bad storms to glorious sunshine so I really don't think anyone can give you an answer.i

It really is just luck

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late March...

Hi, we often visit Tenerife in February or March. This year the first week of March is Carnival. Santa Cruz and Puerto de la Cruz are the best places to see, and take part, in the best carnivals outside South America.

Back to the weather. Shorts and tee shirts during the day, warm enough to spend from 10 to 4 on the beach or around the pool. You will need high factor sun cream, it may be too hot mid afternoon, without some shade. At night cropped trousers and a light jumper or shawl. You won't need heating, warm enough to sit outside in one of the many street-side bars and restaurants.

Mt Tiede is the highest mountain in Spain, and the third highest volcano in the world. It can feel cold there, so wear layers of clothing. You will need walking shoes. The sun is also very strong, so take a hat and high factor sun cream. The air is very thin, so take care if you have heart or breathing problems.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late March...

Thanks, that's probably pretty much what I expected I guess with the Canaries being a year round destination ;-)

I have been to Maspalomas in Gran Canaria in January before but that was way back in 1999 I think and the memory ain't what it used to be! Seem to recall warm enough to sit on the beach (the mention of the wind brought that memory back!!)

Looking forward to it anyway :-)

5. Re: Weather in late March...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:17