We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

I've completely forgotten to book and now I can't find anything at all to pick from the south airport, arrival between Christmas and New Year for week. I'm going to the north with two kids so I really need one. I've tried all the online brokers and individual multinationals like Avis, Hertz and they've all said There is Nothing. Does anyone know of any smaller local ones I could try? Surely these places have cancellations from time to time, how can I tap into them? I would be so grateful for suggestions!

1. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:50
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

I believe Tenerife Sunshine have car rental companies on their books ,the link below has Live Chat during office hours so you could ask to see if they can help .The Staff are excellent so maybe they know of a local firm too if the big nationals are full ,,,,

www.tenerifesunshine.com

I do think though the smaller companies wont have a site at the airport ,so they may come and pick you up OR you may have to taxi/bus to their local office . IF you get really stuck i notice a small hire company on the road coming up from the sea front at Palm Beach Club hotel ( AVDA V Cantenario ) right up to the second junction under a pool hall ( just never noted its name but it may jolt others memories butts up to the side of Parasio del sol apts )

>>> Hope our links are ok today 18000 <<

Edited: 19 December 2013, 08:07
3. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

Thank you all for your messages... I have already tried all of them and they are all fully booked out. I called Hertz and Avis at the airport but they were totally uninterested in the concept of a waiting list. I'll try Tenerife Sunshine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

Quick update to onelegnofeet - I just chatted to Tenerife Sunshine and incredibly they have come up with a car! This is after a soul-destroying chunk of time websurfing and phonecalling... I must have tried at least 20 companies. I am soooo grateful for your recommendation, thank you so much.

6. Re: Help I can't find a car to hire in Tenerife, in 2 weeks!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18