We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Essex
Level Contributor
130 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Money

Hi Guys & Girls,

Sorry for clogging up the forum,

Just wanted a general enquiry, going in February and got our Euro's Today; Were going for 10 days and we've got 1,071.45 euros,

We only really need Food and Drink, because we've paid privately for a Boat Tour and Siam Park via Travel republic, just looking at the euros it don't look much.

Neil

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Hi Neil, How many is that for? If 2 people €100 a day should be enough but it is really down to how much you personally eat and drink. Both are cheap especially drink if you go for local brands or €1 pints but if you start wanting names such as Gordons, Jack Daniels etc then you pay more. You can get cheap 3 course meals for under €10 but also if you want to push the boat out you can get food that costs around €50 per person so if that is all you have in your budget, take it a bit easy at the beginning of your hols until you get a feel of how your money is lasting and have a credit/debit card as back up just in case. Remember it is a lot cheaper here than in the UK.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Essex
Level Contributor
130 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Aguilas;

We are doing one expensive meal out i think it will come to maybe €80 for the both of us, it was down on my last tripadvisor post about nice restaurants, were not far from the airport so only €15; and the money is for both of us, i just worry that i don't have enough :(

Neil

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

I had forgotten that post Neil, I recommended Placeres for a romantic meal for you and your would-be fiance. This is their menu to give an idea of the prices www.restauranteplaceres.com/english/cartas/ if you do decide to go, book a table through the website, address it to the owner Pablo Patron and tell him you are getting engaged, he always makes it a nice evening but I think he will make it really memorable for you. Let us know how things go for you both. As you are staying in GdS have a couple of evenings in the Top Square, the Great Wall does an excellent meal for a good price, as does one of the Indians can´t remember its name begins with H Haweli or somesuch. Then listen to the entertainment or join in the quiz in the square at any restaurant except Black Magic as they are the only one who don't take part.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Essex
Level Contributor
130 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

Thanks for all your help, guessing your a Tenerifian?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money

Hi, I am sure you will have more than enough. We never spend that amount. We find supermarkets are cheaper than at home, although buy fresh fruit and veg daily, as it does not keep in the warm weather. You can buy a 3 course meal, Menu del Dia from 8€, including a drink. A really nice meal for about 50€, for two of you.

Local buses are great for getting to all parts of the island, buy a discount Bono card. Across town a taxi will cost no more than 5€.

And the sun comes free.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money

Hi Neil .the Spanish Style supermarket in the square in Golf de Sur is very cheap for alcohol if you want to have a few drinks in the apartment ,

Their branded spirits eg. Smirnoff Vodka ,Gordon's gin Bacardi etc are only 9.99 euros a litre.

We often went to the square in Golf de Sur for lunch as it was very reasonable.

Have a great holiday.

Essex
Level Contributor
130 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money

The Square is that San Blas?

We are down somewhere, where we've never stayed before in the Golf, Hoping were not too far from my friends bar

Neil

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money

Have a look at this map tenerifetravel.co.uk/maps/golf_del_sur_map.g… the Top Square is highlighted in yellow as CC San Blas

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

9. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:17