We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Place in The Sun ...

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
A Place in The Sun ...

Just watched a Place in the Sun ( North) on the internet .. some good value places , but most were just typical of the holiday home /Apt and not my idea of living permanently ...

I believe as they sat chatting at the end they were in the Abaco Mansion gardens ..

Sylla

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,275 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

They never are Sylla! On the Costa del Sol ones people always end up looking at places they hadn't even thought about! Sometimes people are just so fussy, and when they say "Oh we want somewhere remote" and then say "But its so Spanish!" it just drives me up the wall! I sometimes think people only want to go to get a free holiday and their 15 mins of fame!

London, England
Level Contributor
8,297 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

I agree with the comments about people wanting something Spanish and then saying they don't like it. It's because a lot of these people have never entered a Spanish home in their life.

I watched the programme and I thought it made PDC look lovely. I just don't understand why anyone wants to go to the south of the island.

However, I thought the price of property very expensive compared to what you can currently buy on the mainland for £100,000

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

There are as many reasons to go to the south as there are the north, there is a 'real' island beyond Playa de Las Americas. And then of course there's the weather.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

As I have always stated I like all parts of Tenerife for different reasons .. I am in the south again soon .. but the North does seem to pull me just that little bit more ... and if I were to live on the Island ( not that I ever am ) I would choose the North ...

There was no mention of service charges in that program ? they could be quite high for the last Apts ? and people must remember if they are thinking to buy a holiday home .. that they can't just let it out if it does not have a tourist licence ..

Sylla

5. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 15:33
6. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 15:34
7. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 15:34
8. Re: A Place in The Sun ...

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 13:33
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife