We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,868 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

First day yesterday, so still in it's infancy, as usual not advertised, but lovely set up right opposite the bus station, open Monday til Saturday, 9am until 7pm

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-…

Chester
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

Hi Aguilas,

last time in PDLC there was a market outside the police station do you know which day it is there, I cannot remember.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,868 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

@Keith E As I am not a lover of markets or have much knowledge of Puerto, I think your question is one for the experts or those who favour the area.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

There are three police stations in Puerto Keith and two have markets beside them... just to confuse things :)

But I'm guessing you mean the police station beside the town hall where there's the Pinolere artisan market each Sunday until 3pm. It's a good little market.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

Hi, yes it is a lovely little market, we have bought from there a couple of times. It is called Plaza Europa, close to where the flower sellers used to be a couple of years ago. This plaza is also used for live music events.

Many years ago this was where the main port used to be. Sending bananas and sugar cane all over the world, and where the first tourists for the island landed.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

Hi,

It is the one next to where the flower sellers used to be. I want to buy some honey from one of the stalls. At this market last year I could have spent a fortune buying cakes from one of the stalls.

Do you know if it will be open on Easter Sunday? I arrive on Good Friday and as I am SC I wanted to pick up some cakes and honey for my apartment.

Wow, 3 police stations and you don't see more than 2 police men!

6. Re: Another market - Puerto de la Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17