We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, travel question from Malaga

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help, travel question from Malaga

Hi

My brother is in Malaga with his motor home, girlfriend and 2 kids. We're off to Tenerife in half term (16th February) for a week with our kids and really want to meet up with them. What would be the cheapest way they could get to Tenerife? They have 3 weeks to get there as they are on a year long travelling holiday but they are on a budget and every method of getting there seems to be expensive.

I was looking at ferries and found references to coming from Portugal but then can't find any ferries online from portimao to Tenerife?

Thanks in advance

Eleanor

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,469 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

You may even have to use several different ferries. Perhaps Cadiz would be a better option than Malaga? Cadiz is well worth a visit anyway so they could perhaps spend a couple of night there before the possible ferry crossing.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

Sorry I didn't mention I looked at Cadiz first and it is £1k for the crossing. So much! I saw mention of crossing from Portugal being a lot cheaper but can't find any active crossings so think that route has been closed

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

Think the only ferries that come direct are Cadiz as said or Huelva but it will be very expensive if they want to bring a motorhome.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

Hi, I suggest they leave the motor-home in Malaga and fly over. They are likely to fly into the northern airport. There is a bus service from there to all parts of the island. Then book them into your hotel for a few nights.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

Thanks. Found flights for £600 now which is the cheapest yet maybe it's possible....

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

I'd say the same as Ricky, ditch the motorhome and fly. Look at Tenerife North airport, it's likely to be cheaper.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

Which airline are you looking at as I can see Vueling for 99.00 per person with good flight times

10:20 AGP arrive 11:45 TFN Direct 2h 25

Return flight 12:55 TFN arrive 16:10 AGP Direct 2h 15

That is a saving of 200 GBP on what you are quoting above, but that is assuming the kids travel as adults (didnt know ages) so probably even bigger savings.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

I was looking at €89 one way and €109 back I'll look again. Kids are travelling as adults. Thank you

9. Re: Help, travel question from Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18