We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mediterranean Princess or Costa Adeje Grand

uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mediterranean Princess or Costa Adeje Grand

Hi travelling with my 15 year old daughter May half term , looking for somewhere with nice shops & restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks in advance

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,470 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mediterranean Princess or Costa Adeje Grand

These 2 hotels are in completely different positions. The Costa Adeje Gran hotel is a good hotel but a 15 minute walk up a very steep hill from the beach so if the beach is a priority then you may want to take this into consideration. The area is good and there is a row of shops next door to the hotel and a twice weekly market opposite it.

The Mediterranean Princess is in the Mare Nostrum area. This hotel will be closer to the beach and has more hotels around it.

Perhaps you want to dwindle your choice to exactly which area is your first choice and then choose the hotel.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mediterranean Princess or Costa Adeje Grand

Just my opinion, but based on what you are looking for I would choose the Med Palace (if that is the same as the Med Princess). It may be older than the CAG but in an unbeatable position. Close to beaches, the superb Safari shopping centre directly opposite and plenty of shopping at PS3, a good choice of cheap or expensive restaurants and plenty of places for evening entertainment. Have a look at this map tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… you can see C1 Costa Adeje Gran I personally don´t rate the shops that Daisy has mentioned and can't afford anything in the Plaza del Duque even the coffee is more expensive than elsewhere. The Med Palace D8.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

3. Re: Mediterranean Princess or Costa Adeje Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19