We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

Hi. Can any Tenerife experts help me please? We're looking to book a holiday in Tenerife but not sure where to go as we've never been before. We want somewhere that's not too lively, ie not full of teenagers and nightclubs, as there are older members in our holiday party, but we would like a good choice of bars and restaurants within easy reach without a car as we don't want to hire one for the whole holiday.

Also, I've heard that the island is very hilly. Are there any areas that are flat and easy for older, less able people to walk around?

Ideally we would like a villa with a pool for privacy for the older ones so any recommendations on that would be great!

Ant advice would be greatly appreciated.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

The soth is hotter an north greener with milder temperature. Take a look at the golf del sur area in the south no too many hills .plenty of small bars an eating places.an not too far from cristianos or los americas.by bus or taxi. Our hire a car for longer trips. Los abrigos not far for fish restaurants. Hope this helps. As for villas with pool I will leave that to othera to advise.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

The soth is hotter an north greener with milder temperature. Take a look at the golf del sur area in the south no too many hills .plenty of small bars an eating places.an not too far from cristianos or los americas.by bus or taxi. Our hire a car for longer trips. Los abrigos not far for fish restaurants. Hope this helps. As for villas with pool I will leave that to othera to advise.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

The south is hotter an north greener with milder temperature. Take a look at the golf del sur area in the south no too many hills .plenty of small bars an eating places.an not too far from cristianos or los americas.by bus or taxi. Our hire a car for longer trips. Los abrigos not far for fish restaurants. Hope this helps. As for villas with pool I will leave that to others to advise.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 21:34
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,757 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

Hi .. We had a similar question a couple of days ago , so I will give you the link here >>>

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k72…

I'm afraid I don't know about Villas , that needs some careful research to find the right place ... there are many agencies for that if you search on google ... or look at the top of the page here on TA under >>holiday rentals <<... there also many reviews of hotels on TA ..

Sylla

Chester
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

Puerto de la Cruz for its restaurants and history and things to do, Botanical gardens, Water gardens, Orchid gardens, Loro Park, the old town and Lido. We like the La Paz area which is 10-20 min walk to the beach and is fairly flat in La Paz but is quite steep going down to the town but it is only about 3.5 e in a taxi. PDLC has lots of nice hotels along the front and lots of pedestrian areas. The Bahia San Felipe at the end of the prom is a good starting point for your research.

Keith.

6. Re: Advice on where to go in Tenerife please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19