We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Hi,

So trying to decide where to holiday this Summer. Will be travelling the first 2 weeks in August with my boyfriend, we are in our thirties.

I have been looking at either Los Cristianos or Playa De Las Americas, I have looked up on google maps and can see they are right beside each other, I like the fact there is the promenade along the beach with shops, bars restaurants all along here. The beach in both areas looks lovely that’s why I have narrowed it down to these two as the beach in Puerto De La Cruz doesn’t look as nice.

We aren’t looking for nightclubs that open til 6 in the morning, generally like a nice meal and few drinks in a good pub with live band / good music.

I want a nice clean self-catering apartment as we don’t spend much time in apartment as out in the sun most of the day.

I would appreciate any feedback / opinions on where to stay etc.?

What are the prices like in Tenerife, suppose like all holiday destinations it varies?

Thanks in advance

:)

ayrshire
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Parque Santiago 3/4 will meet all your needs!We are returning there for the third year running this summer.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,334 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Either PDLA or LC is fine, or even Costa Adeje. As you have correctly said they are all next to each other. Food is cheap enough to eat out without breaking the bank. You can get a breakfast with change out of a fiver.

For your best options on accommodation I'd use Google as your search engine and see what websites it offers with availability. I wouldn't leave it too late to book with the school being off in August.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

IMO Los Cristianos is slightly cheaper than Las Americas (well the upmarket end around the Mare Nostrum) and the accommodation in Los Cris is again my opinion generally geared towards families and the more mature tourist. There are a good selection of bars and restaurants but I think for 30 somethings you would prefer Las Americas. This map tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… will show you accommodation and I would suggest somewhere in ref C/D8 may suit. or even D7 but not Columbus as that will be full of clubbers.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Thanks for all the replies.

Will look at the map tonight Aguilas and look at a selection of apartments, its a great help.

Have been looking at Parque Santiago aswell.

I will continue to look around trip advisor aswell.

Thanks

Chester
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

Hi Jessica,

it has been a long time sine we went to Los Cristianos or Las Americas but I would pick LC and it is only a short walk to PDLA.

I would not rule PDLC out because of the beach because we used the Lido for the first time last week and it was excellent.

Keith.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

The marola portosin are lovely apts in a fab area.

just between both resorts.

7. Re: Playa De Las Americas V Los Cristianos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17