We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Charges

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
ATM Charges

Would anyone be able to tell me if there are extra charges to withdraw cash from ATM's in Tenerife? As I live in Ireland, we already have the Euro as currency so we shouldn't be charged any commission or exchange rates. I seem to remember reading somewhere that cash withdrawals within the eurozone were to be treated uniformly across all participating countries. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Charges

No banks in Spain do charge for euro cash withdrawals.

Unlike the UK you are charged to withdraw cash if it is not your bank.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,533 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM Charges

I was just about to say the same as Carwyn, Spanish banks don´t charge for withdrawals. The confusion comes when holidaymakers get back to the Uk and see additional charges on their bank statements but these are made by their own UK banks. Because you are in RoI and also use Euros your withdrawals will be free.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Charges

Brilliant. Many thanks guys. Finally I presume Visa Debit cards would be accepted by most ATM's?

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Charges

Yes you will be able to withdraw cash from any cashpoint.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM Charges

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

6. Re: ATM Charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:18