We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Hi,

I have not been to Tenerife before so looking suggestions which resorts or resorts would be a good place to take my daughter who is 7yrs old?

We don't want anything that is for the 18-30 crowd but looking maybe somewhere that there are the likes of waterparks, marine park etc.

We are going self catering also and was wondering roughly the sort of spending money min needed for 2 adults and 1 child for a week.

Thanks in advance,

J

up north
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

any of the main resorts in the south los cristianos, las Americas or costa adeje, would do,they are merge into each other and not many lager louts in december unless you are there for the new yr

spending money is hard to say to be honest, I always advise to take at least 50% more than you think, better to bring some money home than run out 2 days before you come home.

preston
Level Contributor
739 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

just too many places to chose from, our last two visits were oro negro and aguamar, both good clean bases for a tenerife holiday,oro negro had good kids entertainers too, both central for everything.one in pdla, and other in los cris. I start with the reviews on here then take it from there.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Parque santiago 4 right on the beach and got a kids area with waterslides etc. As for spends it really depends what you like. You can go out and have a fancy meal or go to a lovely place and get 3courses for less than 10 euro. If you drink lager the most you should ever pay if you drink the local lager is 2.50 and more likely around 1.50.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Thanks for your replies.

I had ruled out Las Americas but then I realised it would probably be fine in December.

Who do most people book with when it comes to Tenerife?

I have found some good prices but online they are looking full payment where Thomas Cook although dearer are only looking £250 deposit with time to pay the rest...

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Have you tried jet2

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

I have checked their prices out in the past and they have been more expensive although from what I hear they are very good value for money.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
353 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Surprised at Jet2 being dearer?Worth noting though that you get loads more baggage allowance with Jet2. Parque Santiago 3/4 is definitely worth considering, don't be put off because it's in Las Americas. It's in a very good area and their security team is excellent. They won't stand for any nonsense....

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

I have grandchildren around the same age whose family has been going to PS3 now for several years around July/August time and who love it. They've never had any trouble as regards noise or rowdy behaviour and, as someone else has said, the security staff are excellent in dealing quickly with any small incidents that might arise.

Don't be put off by anything you might have heard about Las Americas as the area around PS3/4 is lovely. The childrens water park is in PS3 so that might be a better choice for you than PS4 which would mean a short trip across the road every time the children wanted to use it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Finally got booked so wanted to thank those members who took the time to help..

J

Chester
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay in December with a 7yr old child

Where?

And was it SC

Keith.