We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lycamobile !?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lycamobile !?

Hi guys ... we are planning to travel to Tenerife next month ... therefore, we are looking for a prepaid SIM with cheap data. Lycamobile seems to be a good choice. At least, they have great prices for the data!

Some questions ... how is Lycamobile coverage on Tenerife?

2.) Is Lycamobile a prepaid SIM? Or is it a contract?

3.) Does anyone know if I can use a German lycamobile SIM in Germany and will I get the same Spanish data prices?

Where are the experts? ;-)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,366 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lycamobile !?

Not heard of it - Masmovil is probably the most popular on the island and uses the same network as Orange.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lycamobile !?

Thanks for replying.

Masmovil is much more expensive ...

Lebara and Lycamobil offer the best data prices ....

Baltimore, MD
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lycamobile !?

ThaiFish:

My research also indicates that Lycamobile and Lebara are the best deal for my needs which is mobile data access. It would be ideal if those companies would send the SIM card to me here in the U.S. so I would have immediate data access upon arrival and I won't have to try to find a SIM retailer who is a representative of Lebara or Lycamobile. But, to my knowledge, they won't ship the Spain SIM beyond the borders of Spain. Does that match your experience?

I'll be landing in Madrid. Lebara's web site makes it possible to search for retailers close to the airport but I have found no such facility on the Lycamobile site. Not even a directory of retailers where I can buy a SIM.

4. Re: Lycamobile !?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16