We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa San Juan

dorset
Level Contributor
138 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Playa San Juan

Hi, just booked a holiday for March to playa San Juan which I understand is very small. Has anyone been there and can you recommend any good eating places?. We don't plan to hire a car but there are buses and I wondered which towns (if any) would be worth a visit . We usually go to corralejo in fuerteventura or puerto Mogan in gran canaria so we are looking forward to our first trip to Tenerife

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa San Juan

I love San Juan . We stay for a few months every winter in Tenerife and spend most of our time on the beach here,

The beach is lovely . For sunbeds and an umbrella it's only 7 euros for 2 people with life guards all day who keep it spotless too.

There is a bar service to your sunbed if you want and the food is great and very reasonably priced.

It is quite an authentically Spanish town and has a working harbour and a long Main Street with quite a lot of shops .

There is a great Market in the square on Monday . The stalls are really good with lots of craft stalls and a farmers market selling vegetables ,bread and wine etc.

We have only ever eaten lunch or snacks in the seafront and they have all been good and great value.

As we hire a car we don't use the busses but I know there is a good bus service .

You can definitely take the bus to Callao Salvaje (where we stay ) there is a new beach here and a few restaurants and bars ,worth a visit but very hilly as is Los Gigantes in the other direction ,which is a lovely place to go for the day. One of the neighbouring towns Alcala has some good restaurants but again we've only had lunch here and not been at night.

You can also go to PLDA from San Juan.

If you don't speak Spanish it might be an idea to bring a phrase book as a lot of the small bars and restaurants have just Spanish menus. One of our favourite places too would be Puerto Mogan so hopefully you'll like San Juan .Another big plus we find that coast gets a lot of sun even if other places are cloudy.

dorset
Level Contributor
138 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa San Juan

Thanks, sounds like we have chosen well. I do speak a little Spanish and I love trying it ou on the locals (much to their amusement!) my sister in law used to have a villa near Alicante in very Spanish resort and we had great fun with the menus! It's so lovely to be on holiday and avoids English menus, whilst in Spain eat Spanish....mmmm tapas......!cant wait to go now :)

3. Re: Playa San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15