We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices...

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices...

After a fab 2 week holiday in PDLC I couldn't resist booking another one before I have to start my new job.

I have booked my outbound flight (2nd september) as I am not sure how long I intend to go for - I have until October 1st until I technically need to be back in the UK. My other half is coming out for a week due to work commitments but is yet to book his flights.

My question is, do flight prices tend to increase the closer it comes to departure date or are they likely to become cheaper?

TIA x

UK
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices...

I find they are cheapest when they are first released. They tend to go up nearer the time.

scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices...

Yes I agree and there is less availability nearer the time too.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,257 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices...

Yes I too agree with the above posts.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices...

Hi, as you only need one ticket, you may be lucky. Many older people will be flying out for the winter, returning in the spring. Those that had a late summer holiday will have returned.

This will be particularly the case if you have a choice of airports to fly into.

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices...

I read an article the other week which said what has been said above that prices are cheapest when they are first released.

But it also said the next cheapest time is 6 weeks before departure time,

Might to something to consider.

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices...

thank you all for your replies. I will keep an eye on flights back to the UK then and book something as soon as I see a decent price...I saw return flights the other day for £112...should've booked there and then!

7. Re: Flight prices...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 07:16