We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Can't seem to narrow down the best place to base ourselves for a short break to Tenerife at the end of September.

Our only real interests in visiting are to go to Loro Parque and Siam Park, on opposite ends of the island pretty much.

What airport we fly into isn't much of an issue, but we want to make sure we're in a resort that offers enough to do whilst still being accessible enough to allow us to get to these two key attractions with relative ease.

Suggestions?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Some will say south some will say north........lol....it's just people like different things.

the north has more of a canarian feel about it, but I believe you have to fly to Madrid 1st then onward to the north.

to fly to the south there's loads of airlines fly some daily.

the south tends to be a few degrees warmer than the north.

As I only stay in the south it's all I can comment on.

I personally like las Americas, the area near to los cristianos.

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

around grid c d e 8 and this area.

as you can see from this map the southern resort is quite spread out.

You've los cristianos, which imo is for older people, I love it during the day but not at night

then las Americas, the area I've mentioned is popular with lots of bar and restaurants

going down to san eugino area, again another lovely area

all the way down to costa adeje.

Your not far from siam park, if you look at grid d5 you'll see the bus station the park is behind this (it's a old map)

you need to do an organised tour to go to loro park, it's the best way to do it.

do you want s/c, h/b or all inc.?

up north
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

any of the main resorts in the south would do, they merge into each other so you can be only a short walk at best or a short taxi ride at worst from most places.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Half board preferably, not too fussed with the nightlife, just after a resort that doesn't die after 8pm.

Seems like somewhere in the south is the way to go, cheers for the replies.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Hi, in contrast to Claire, (above), we prefer Puerto de la Cruz, home to Loro Parque. Puerto is a local town dating back to the 1600s, as well as the original resort. There is a good choice of hotels, local bars and restaurants. The old town, centered around the lovely Plaza Charco and fishing harbour has a real Canarian feel about, with hundreds of local bars and street-side restaurants. There is a large 3 bay, natural black sand beach, and a smaller one used mainly by surfers. On the trafic-free sea front is a large award winning sea-water lido complex.

Local buses go to all parts of the island, including the traditional towns of Oratava with its wooden balconies, Icod with its ancient tree, with Santa Cruz the capital just 40 minutes away.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

hotel dream Noelia sur in the south, great location, fab hotel, see the reviews on here, right near some lovely bars for evening entertainment, a great beach not a 10 min walk away.

Scotland
Level Contributor
190 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

I would recommend Bitacora. Excellent location and great hotel. Worth reading the reviews to see if it has what you want.

7. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16