We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel transfers

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hotel transfers

We are travelling with Cosmos holidays and we have booked a shuttle transfer. We have been informed that this is with Jumbo Tours. Can anyone give me any feedback on these as the e-mail I received says there could be as much as 1 hours wait before setting off for resort

ere could be up to as much as 1 hours wait before setting off for resort .

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel transfers

Hi

Like many of the shuttle transfers you take the risk of having to wait for other flights coming in before the coach leaves to take everyone to their hotels. Many people see the reps and take a taxi to the hotel but ask for the return to stay as booked, that way with the taxis outside arrivals you can be in your hotel far sooner and enjoying your holiday.

If you are staying in either LC or PDLA the cost would be around 25 euros for that trip and IMO is far better than maybe having to hang around waiting for others to arrive at the shuttle.

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,302 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel transfers

Personally I wouldn't want to be waiting that long. If your resort is on the south coast just take a taxi from the airport and get the holiday off to a good start.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel transfers

If a flight is late coming in that can add to your wait.

then depending on where the transfers are that can add a lot of time.

me personally I would see the rep/driver and tell them were getting a taxi.

you could be in your apt in 20 mins.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel transfers

Thanks for the advice all have contacted Cosmos and upgraded to a taxi. Travel on 11Sept so really looking forward to it now staying at the Dream Noelia Sur in PDLA.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 18:21
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel transfers

You won't regret the decision of a taxi transfer.

And you won't regret the hotel, it's my favourite.

6. Re: hotel transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16