We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Has any one who has stayed recently in the Hotel San Filipe read the latest Hotel review from a Spanish poster? plus photos......this report does not sound at all like the many reviews that praise the hotel over and over again. I dont understand the spanish but it is not difficult to get the message. Just wondered what was going on, we are due there in 2 weeks!..... The poster is "ReGom28" 22 Sept.

Sylla

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

I'm not sure I'd worry too much Sylla.

Whilst the post you mentioned seemed to have been very unlucky with their room, sometimes there can be cultural differences between mainland Spanish and Tinerfeños.

There's a possibility that, reading between the lines, this may have influenced the previous two 'bad' reviews; one of which certainly had a dig at the Tinereño character(it's not uncommon).

The Italian review for the same period awards 4 stars.

'Viva la diferencia'

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

That should be 'Tinerfeño character'

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Thanks Gusto for your reassurance! I sent a PM to the poster asking which room number they had in Spanish!!! and English lol! Could have been old photos from before it was refurbished, (just a thought)

I dont expect a reply! because a similar post was put some time ago for the Spring Hotel Playa la Arena in Puerto Santiago. Poster "jenskijenski" (London) They had said the room was small, the food and service terrible, This just ain't so!

Even more strange was, the poster had stayed there in July 2007, the post appeared 25 May 2008, member since May 08 just the 1 post! I sent a PM, may be they had named the wrong hotel, but no reply.

Well everyone knows my opinion of the Hotel Playa la Arena, I sing it's praises often enough, the rooms are huge, the food fantastic and the service.

As you say, might have been something else going on there!

Sylla

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Hi Gusto

I did have a reply from the poster but got the same impression they were not happy with the room, every thing else was fine, I did ask why did'nt you complain but no answer to that so far.

I sent a PM to another review that was inviting questions and I have had a reply......They had just returned again from the San Filipe yesterday...their 5th visit in 15 months!!!!! and they loved it....... obviously!!! I had quite a long letter from them...so we will put that one to "bed" now and carry on with the counting lol!

Unless some one has got something to say to upset me again...no.. I'm happy now!

Sylla

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Sylla

I have been to hotel down south on numerous occasions and have never found fault. But every now and again someone will slag it off.

I just feel some people get off on the wrong foot then pick up every minor fault/issue and blow it out of proportion.

Obviously some do have a bad/ very bad experience and I feel for them especially when they have probably saved all year for the holiday but I tend to go with what the majority says.

It will be fine

L

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

Thanks Leeds, wise advice......don't you worry if there's anything wrong I believe in sorting it out, otherwise I move lol!

Sylla

7. Re: Bahia Principe San Filipe, latest Spanish review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations