We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

Puerto de la Cruz...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

If you want a wild night of dancing I know a place in Puerto where the locals go (not known to the average visitor) were you can dance all night to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Mumbo, Rumba.... There are at least four different dance areas playing different Latino music. It amazing, an electric place, full of young people or like me the young at heart. It costs 8 euros on the door but that entitles you to two drinks, thereafter drinks are 4 euros, perhaps a little expensive but worth it. You don't need to be a Salsa dancer, l dance freestyle. But be warned, if you have any get UP and GO, you may enjoy yourself. I've been going alone so it would be nice for a change to have company who I can have a laugh with in ENGLISH. So if don't mind me joining you - perhaps you are on your own and love dancing too - leave a message here and I will forward the whereabouts and if OK with you, may see you there. I'm back in Puerto early January for 6 months.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
El Gabacho
££ - £££, French, Mediterranean, European
El Taller Seve Diaz
££££, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
Baricentro
££ - £££, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

Where is this place - i may like to give it a try.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

Interested in nowing where you went last January to dance. I go to Puerto every year Dec - Jan and love dancing so if I can find a mate next week I might give it a look, I go on the 18th Dec 2005. Not sure if you are there still

Yvonne

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

hi read your letter, my husband and myself are going on dec 24th 2005, please advise where this club is, so we can pay a visit thanks, found this information really useful dee.Please email me on deecooch27@yahoo.co.uk

Aberdeen Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

Hi

I will be in Puerto de la Cruz with my sister-in-law and her sister and I like the sound of the Latin Am dancing. Where is this place, we may consider going?

Ann

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Wales, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

I have been in Tenerife on and off for some years, but do not know of a place like this. I love dancing, am young at heart, although I look quite good in the dark!!! So where is it? I will be returning to Puerto soon, and would love to try this place. I have Spanish and Canarian friends and would like to take them somewhere to dance. Is it by any chance a place called Mi Nino? This is also supposed to be a good place for dancing and full of Latinos, and goes on all night. My name is Lynne and sometimes I am in Tenerife alone until my husband and mother-in-law join me. Would be really good fun to meet up and try a dance or two.

Hope to hear from you soon. Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

I shall be in Puerto de la Cruz from 26th March for 2 weeks (the second week without my non-dancing partner) I am lady - getting on a bit but still dancing mad.

Not sure how we get in touch on this site but here I am trying to. Never got to know about the place tomhere talked about in Jan 2005.

Zemlin

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

Did anyone find out where this place was? I am heading out to Puerto in two weeks time and would like to give it a go. No point in putting things on to the forum if you don't follow up with the info!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

See your message Basilturnip. I am Zemlin and never found out where this was from tomhere. I do know there is dancing in Havana club in Puerto although haven't been. This is a cuban place on the first floor of a mainish corner in the centre. Also there is another place on first floor , possibly near Beehive Pub. Sorry a bit vague. Not there again until December. All the best and enjoy your holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
9. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2007, 18:04
London
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Dance to Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia...

hi,

just saw your message, i dance salsa, merengue bachatas etc, just back from Dom Republic and want to come to tenerife but not sure what resort to go to as i want this music not all mad uk dance etc.....

my email is deboramariavila@yahoo.co.uk

great to hear from you

debs xx

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations