We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Quietly hiding in Puerto just near to the Hotel Tope is the most delightful garden...From the Hotel San Filipe you could walk, but it is so steep // ! We took a taxi 3:50euros and walked back...from the Bel-Air direction it is a more gentle walk.

It is the oldest surviving garden in Tenerife, 230 years old, the entrance fee is 4:75euros......It is one of the most beautiful and tranquil places I have visited, so many exotic plants and trees and then the wonderful collection of orchids....

The weather was so unusually hot for the time of year in Puerto, so visiting the garden was a real relief..

The Mansion in the garden is not open to the public. Many famous people stayed there including Marianne North the well known botanical painter, and her paintings are on view in the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew...

There is also a small cafe where you can buy drinks, ice creams and snacks....

I have just posted some photos of the gardens, so I hope they will soon be on my profile page ....

Sylla

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Thanks Sylla. It sounds lovely, will have to take a peek when they appear.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

They are already on Belle ...never had photos come through so quick.....they seemed to be posted within the hour !!!!

Sylla

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

So they are Sylla! I was expecting to have to wait another couple of days. Another place to add to the list of possible places to visit.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Hi Sylla, I agree we have visited it a number of times, it realy is a little oasis in the middle of town. Take you time looking around and sitting on one of the many benches provided. It is a lovely spot to just sit and watch. As Sylla has said there is a lovely little cafe, where you can have a lovely cup of English tea and a slice of home-made cake.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Well you will soon be there Ricky ...hope you are getting those bags packed,....and it seems just in time for the "Ruta de Tapas" darn it I missed it again !!!!

Have a really good holiday ......

Sylla

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Hi Sylla, Mrs Bear is packing as we speak, I have been told to leave well alone. And when Mrs. Bear speaks I always do as I am told!! Just in case she leaves me behind!!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

Oh! god forbid Ricky ...! then who would she get to carry the cases ????

Sylla

You have your uses LOL!

8. Re: My trip to the Orchid Gardens Sitio Litre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz