We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puerto de la cruz

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
puerto de la cruz

Going in beginning of may for our 25th wedding anniversary, what will weather be like and can you recommend a nice restaraunt for our anniversary

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi

May is a lovely time to go, daytime temps SHOULD be high 20's/ low 30's and mid 20's after dark so plenty of chances to get a great tan.

Without doubt I would suggest El Monasterio for your anniversary {only a 10 min taxi out of Puerto} and I am sure you could both have a lovely meal { see link below }. Have a great holiday/anniversary :0)

http://www.mesonelmonasterio.es/?lang=en

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi Again

Re restuerants , another one I would say that you could use would be Mil Sabores {in Puerto itself. Once again a very nice place to have a great meal {see link below}

tenerife-information-centre.com/restaurante-…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: puerto de la cruz

Weather should be lovely and warm .

As for somewhere special to eat .I would recomend El Monasterio .

My wife & I went last year one evening & the building & view were well worth the taxi ride .( the food was very good as well ) . I think , for that special night , El Monasterio just gives that little extra .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: puerto de la cruz

Unlike the previous posters I don´t like Meson El Monasterio, I have been twice now and while the views are magnificent (providing you go through the day or early evening) the vegetables I have been served each time have been from a tin. Once I can forgive but getting the same soggy veg a second time means for me it is a No No!

Perhaps those who know Puerto best can say whether the following are still open as it is a long while since I have been but is Casa Lala still as good as it used to be, Esentzia still as green 'colourwise' not foodwise and Mil Sabores is definitely worth a visit.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Portugal
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puerto de la cruz

El Monasterio is stunning and about as good a looking restaurant/s as you'll find on Tenerife but the quality of the food can be up and down which is why you'll get varying opinions. As Aguilas said the views are good during the day...but lit up at night, the place is magical.

Aguilas, Casa Lala is still going but not sure if I'd pick it for a special meal as it's more of a traditional restaurant. Esentzia unfortunately only lasted a very short while.

Mil Sabores is still open and a favourite of mine for a special meal...or any excuse really.

But there's a lot more to choose from and it depends on what sort of food you like eagle47883.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: puerto de la cruz

I would recommend Mil Sabores or Regulo for your special anniversary meal both are lovely with excellent service and food.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: puerto de la cruz

I agree with all the suggestions so far ...you are really spoilt for choice ..! But here is another one ....and the link to their site ....You can take a look at the TA reviews to all these places too ....

http://www.titosbodeguita.com/

Titos is about an 8€ to 10€ taxi out of Puerto , only about 10 minutes away at most , and you can check the out of town places on Google street maps ....

Sylla

Chester
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: puerto de la cruz

All the restaurants that have been mentioned are good.

I will be in PDLC the first 2 weeks of May and could I recommend somewhere for lunch. The Bellamar fairly cheap but great views, it is on the rocks above the Lido area. I will also visit the Botanico Hotel for lunch by the pool, I know it sounds crazy but check it out if you are walking around one day. The hotel is near the botanical gardens.

On another note I believe the 2 May is the day PDLC dress up all the crosses with flowers I have only seen this once and it is worth walking around town to see the stunning displays.

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: puerto de la cruz

I would agree with others and recommend el monastaria :) it is an old monastery (hence the name) and is lovely, definitely something special. If you go, eat in the second restaurant up, the one with outside seating as well as indoor. I have been going here since I was a baby (24 years) and always visit when visiting puerto! Enjoy your holiday and happy anniversary!

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: puerto de la cruz

I would agree with others and recommend el monastario :) http://www.mesonelmonasterio.com/cabana1.html

It is an old monastery (hence the name) and is lovely, definitely something special. If you go, eat in the second restaurant up, the one with outside seating as well as indoor. I have been going here since I was a baby (24 years) and always visit when visiting puerto! Enjoy your holiday and happy anniversary!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations