We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Back home

Well after two great weeks of sun and relaxation we returned home last night. As this holiday was just for a total relax most of our time was spent either around the pool or {apart from one trip into Santa Cruz} in Puerto itself. Most on here will know that aftr the amount of years we have been going, to try and do reviews of what we did is not an easy thing but I will say that once again we had a good day out at Loro Parque and spent many happy hours both in the square and right alomg the beach area soaking up the sun and people watching.

We plaqn to return either later this year or at the latest the early part of 2013 when {we hope} to spend more time visiting places both old and new and at least then I hope to be able to give reviews of places and things we will do.

It is a shame that a holiday has to end but the memories will remain and at least we have the happy thoughts that it will not be too long before {once again} we can return to the place we call our second home :0)

Sparhawk1

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back home

Glad to hear you had a great time Sparhawk : ) Time certainly does fly when you are having fun . It does a person good to take time out , especially in a place as lovely as Tenerife :) You are so right :) I keep telling my lot to have happy thoughts and keeping thinking of our next trip ,

regards Deedee

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back home

Glad your had a good time. We,re looking forward to spending a couple of days in Puerto when we come next year for our "winter hibernation". We,ve never been to Loro Parque as we thought it was more for children ? We might give it a go . We did love the Arona Zoo and loved the Birds of Prey show so I'.m sure we,d like Loro Parque. This will be our 5th year staying for the winter and although we look forward too it it,s a strange situation as you,re neither on holiday or living there, and by the end of three months we are ready to come home.,but after a horrible summer and once Christmas is over we,re ready to go back!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back home

Glad the weather was lovely and you had a fantastic time ,,,,,,,,

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back home

Sparhawk,

Glad you had a great holiday, PDLC never fails - going intwo weeks can't wait.

Deefiaant10

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back home

two weeks to go before our holiday cant wait to be back in Puerto. glad you had a great time

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back home

Thank ladies and gents for your remarks:0). Yes, to us Tenerife {and Puerto as number one will always be classed as our second home}, thewhole island has such a lot to offer and it is very seldom even now that we cannot find new things to see and do.

Be it summer or winter,day or night and either together or alone we have always felt safe walking around and each time we return be it to the hotel or even a lot of the shops we are greeted like long time friends, to us that helps to make the holiday.

To melm20 and Deefiaant10 I hope that you both have a great time and that the memories of your holidays are good and last until your next visit {whenever that may be} and if your holiday are even half as good as our one was I know that they will last a lifetime :0)

Thanks again

Sparhawk1

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back home

Sparhawk.

Thanks your best wishes - always have great memories of hoidays - even my kids 28 and 25 can still remember the good times we had on family holidays and friends that they made there.

Cheers Deefiaant10

wirral
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back home

Hi Everyone,

Any recommendations on where to eat, things to see etc?

We are there in 2 weeks aswell, staying for 2 weeks. This is our 1st visit and staying at Casablanca apartments. Me, My husband and our 2 year old daughter.

Many thanks

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back home

Wirral,

Hello, can reccommend Casablanca Apts thats where I will be in two weeks time. As for restaurants there are numerous depends on budget etc. I can say the Chinese around the corner from Bambis is vg and also the Casablanca do food as well can say their pizzas are excellent and reasonable.

Maybe spot ye in the bar in two weeks time.

Deefiaant10

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back home

Wirral,

Silly me forgot to suggest the Loro Parque, can't think of anything else as it has been a long time since been on holiday with a toddler.

deefiaant10

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations