We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel El Tope & weather in November

This hotel is one I have been looking at for my daughter & boyfriend who want somewhere warm in November. However, came across a review which mentioned the hotel is mainly full of couples over 50....... Has anyone stayed here? My daughter is only in her early twenties so wondered whether this may be a problem. However, I am now thinking of persuading my husband to go as we fit into this age range.....! lol Also are there bars etc nearby with entertainment and will the weather be warm enough to sunbathe in November????

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Hi

Hotel El Tope is well situated for shops, bars ect {the one drawback to the hotel is that it is at the top of a steep incline so a taxi back it a good idea depending on how fit you are}

Depending on the time of yer {normally our winter period} there are a lot of older people that choose to stay {not only in that hotel but in all on Tenerife}. Normally I would say that in November you should get a good age range from young to old. Daytime temps SHOULD be mid to upper 20's but if you are one to feel a chill maybe a LIGHT cardigan if you are out and near the beach area after dark. Shorts and tee shirts IMO are a must during the day and you should return home with a lovely tan

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,533 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

While I think you and your OH may thoroughly enjoy the hotel you have been looking at in Puerto, IMO your daughter being in her 20s would probably be happier based in Las Americas where she can mix with youngsters doing the sort of thing youngsters like to do i.e. Beach Bars, Clubs and lots of fun on the beach. Of course there are beaches in Puerto but they are black volcanic sand and by the sound of Sparhawks description it doesn´t sound as if the hotel is that close to them (I don´t know it at all so could be wrong). There are clubs in the north but these are Spanish based and won´t open until gone midnight so from 9.30 to opening time they could think there is nothing around. For you of course it would be different a nice meal in a square with plenty of people watching.

As said the weather will be reasonably good but perhaps a bit more cloud in the north.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

@ Aguilas

The hotel is about 500/600 yards from the beach ehere the surfers normally go. It is just across the road from the shopping mall in the tree lined road. While I admit it is not as close to the beaches as say the Monopol or the San Fillipe it is not a great distance away and the views {I have been told by people that have stayed there} are very good.

I would agree with you about it not being as lively for the younger generation and would say that if it is the nightlife that is wanted perhaps the southern resorts would be a better option :0)

Sparhawk1

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,533 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Thank you for the explanation Sparhawk1 It was your reference to getting a taxi back that made me assume it was a fair distance from the seafront, I think even I could manage 500/600 yards no matter how steep the hill and I would say I was a fair stretch over the OP who say they are in their 50s 8)

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Hi Aguilas

It is only that many who have stayed there have called getting up to the reception another cardiac hill and for that reason I suggest to ANYONE sytaying there that a taxi MAY be a good choice when going back from the town. We have done the walk down from there when we were dropped off by taxi one holiday and IMO {and for my age} I was thinking that to go up I would like Oxygen about every 40/50 paces...LOL

Sparhawk1

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

The whole thing about Puerto not being lively enough for younger generations is a bit misleading.

There aren't Brit bars that cater for younger Brits but that's not quite the same as there not being a younger scene. You just have to know where the bars are as they are often up side streets and located in areas off the main tourist drag.

Whilst the liveliest nightlife doesn't get going till around midnight, there are bars with a younger scene before then. These aren't always exclusively 'young' bars as in Puerto different ages tend to mix in bars.

My nephews and sons and daughters of friends (ages ranging from 15-27) all prefer Puerto to the south, but it does depend on the individual. They were quite (very) happy to spend their time in one of the 'disco' bars which tend to attract younger locals. They found them extremely friendly and always make lots of friends.

Saying that, it is a local young scene in Puerto and definitely wouldn't suit a lot of people as It doesn't offer the sort of bars aimed at a young British market that you find around Veronica's and Starco's... but then not everybody wants those.

Personally I wouldn't get a taxi from El Tope. It's not that far from the centre of town and not really a big deal for anyone who's decently fit and has no mobility problems.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Totally agree sparhawk taxi is worth every cent of the 3euros.20 that it costs from basically anywhere down the centre. Tried walking cardiac hill once never again was sore all over for days.

Deefiaant10

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Hi - I have read that it is likely to be cloudy and rainy in Puerto de la Cruz in November? I am really hoping that it's not and that I can sunbath!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Hi Steph

Answered in your other post

Sparhawk1

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel El Tope & weather in November

Steph,

Don't worry you should be ok think I had all the rain for the year last Thursday.

Deefiaant10

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations