We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Tormenta!

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
La Tormenta!

Hi Folks

Well, I know they say it can rain in PdlC...

We arrived in Puerto (4th visit this year) on Tuesday to be greeted by the mother of all storms. The Plaza del Charco was flooded and there was quite a lot of damage to some properties. It actually made the national news.The small Martianez beach has virtually washed away.

The good news is that the sun is shining now and (fingers crossed) we may not need our brollies any more!

Staying at the Las Vegas for this trip-it's great. We're here for 3 weeks so I'll keep you posted with any news.

Cheers

Tommy

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Tormenta!

Steely,

Glad to hear everything is getting back to normal, enjoy your holiday and fingers crossed no more brollies required.

Deefiaant10

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Tormenta!

Hi Steely ... you could add to this thread LOL !

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k58…

Have a great holiday ...

Sylla

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Tormenta!

hope the sun keeps shining for you. enjoy your holiday (I know you will)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Tormenta!

This shows what it was like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS5HbUGyYwI

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Tormenta!

Oh bloody hell!

I'm due next to arrive on the 19th and from the street-facing webcam on Calle Valois it appears to be raining most days.

The extended weather forecast isn't very promising either. This might signal a return to October holidays in PDLC rather than wait for November. We had a similar experience a couple of years ago with a major thunderstorm hitting the north of the island and cars being washed down the street in Los Realjos in November.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Tormenta!

I don´t know about most days but there was rain in Puerto this morning, I could hear it coming down while talking on the phone also told it was quite chilly only about 20c.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Tormenta!

It's been a bit mixed, to be sure. However, it has stayed mostly warm with broken cloud for the last two days. www.forecast.co.uk seems to give the most accurate predictions.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Tormenta!

>>> i can hear it coming down whilst talking on the phone <<< your phone must be better than someone else's !!! LOL.....

Such a shame the weather is bad for the tourist ,and again cloudy for the North .....isnt that supposed to be unusual ?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Tormenta!

Apart from the occasional deluge, it's been quite warm and sunny. 8-10 degrees warmer than Las Americas all week...

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Tormenta!

Cooler or a Deluge ... think i would opt for the Cooler !!!

So with last weeks average temps in the South of 26 that would mean the North was 35 to 36 ????

Edited: 18 November 2012, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations