We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
364 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

We are thinking of booking this hotel for next year but are a little concerned about the noise from the nightclub Joy. Can anyone tell me whether if we book a sea view room we could still be disturbed by this noise?

Chester
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Hi,

this hotel is the nearest to JOY so if you are worried about the noise ( hotel gets bad reviews because of the noise) there are a lot of other nice hotels away from the nightclub.

Keith.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Hi

We have never stayed at this hotel , but when talking to people that have ,the noise from Joy is very rarely mentioned .

If you look at the reviews ratings ,they are mostly excellent or very good ,so most visitors enjoy this hotel . If you are worried ,the rooms overlooking the Lido and the sea would be the most quiet .

We stay at the H10 Tenerife Playa further along the pedestrian walkway and find it is very quiet at night .

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Thanks for that. We did look at the Tenerife Playa, but thought the Las Vegas had better reviews. What did you think of the Tenerife Playa?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Hi

The trouble with recommending a hotel is that it is all ," personal opinion " . We see the same people year in and year out at the hotel (for the last 9 years ),so there must be plenty of people who enjoy it .I must admit ,it does need some updating ,but it is clean , the food is good . and it is in a very good location .

I think , the main reason I prefer it to the Vegas ,is the pool area . The Vegas pool can be overlooked from the road ,whilst the Playa pools are enclosed and cannot be seen from the road .

If you want another option , how about Bahia Principe San Felip . This is a very good hotel ,next to the H10 , and is highly recommended .

Blackpool
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Hi,

I have stayed at both hotels and both are good, we had a sea view room at the Las Vegas and could hear a little noise I assume from the Joy but I am a light sleeper and it was only at weekend.

Given a choice I would choose the Tenerife Playa but happily stay at the Las Vegas again.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

We have stayed at the Las Vegas on two occasions in the last 12 months. We had sea facing rooms on the 9th and 11th floors. The loudest noise was the crashing ocean waves! I never heard any significant noise after about 10.30. Any noise before that time was general street 'buzz' and the cabaret shows at the Valle Mar Hotel next door. Those shows usually finish by about 10.30.

The balcony doors are double glazed and the rooms have air-con, so you should be able to block out any noise.

Cheers

Tommy

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Thanks everyone. Now not sure which of the two to go for so might end up tossing a coin!! Think either one will be great anyway.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

Hi, although we have not stayed in this hotel, we have used it. It is in a lovely position, at one end of the traffic free sea front, although there is a road to one side of the hotel, (Joy side). There is a lovely pool. There are plenty of sitting areas including a sheltered outside lounge with fountain. The restaurant is light and airy, serving buffet meals. There is a dress code. If you want a central hotel, this is ideal. Ask for a quiet room overlooking the Lido.

9. Re: Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations