We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

hi can someone tell me if there is a sandy beach close to la paz hotel and how far it is

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,350 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

I would guess about 10 minutes walk but I am sure the experts for Puerto will correct me if I am wrong. There are no golden sandy beaches in Puerto, they are all black volcanic sand and although natural can be courser on the toes.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

Hi

Its not what I would call near a beach .

The blurb says it is about 800 mtrs away, but it is down a bit of a hill or steps . I have walked this several times , but to be honest I would not like to walk it every day .

Edited: 17 June 2013, 19:26
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,350 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

So 800mtrs is about 10 mins walk at a normal sort of speed, 15 at the very most although from the sound of a_freeman66 post it could take a lot longer to get back.

As you only joined the forum today, I have sent you a PM. You can see it by checking the top of the page next to where you see your welcome.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Chester
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

Hi Suzi,

as the other have said it is about 10 mins down 15 mins back to the nearest beach, which has a nice restaurant but the beach does not get cleaned so it is not my choice. The best beaches are Playa Jardin which is a good 40 min walk or Bollullo beach which should be about 30-40 mins walk through the banana plantations, you might have a problem getting directions as the locals like to keep Bollullo to themselves. Check out the pictures on TA. A taxi to Playa Jardin should be around 3.5 euros.

Keith.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

Hi, I am sorry to disagree with others, but I think this hotel is more like 30 minutes walk to the beach at Martianez. It is closer to the Botanical Gardens, than the sea front.

There are better located hotels to the beach, at a variety of prices. A bargain hotel is the Xibana Park, 10 minutes to the beach, lido, sea-front and old town. There is a choice of 4 star hotels on the sea-front.

6. Re: hotel la paz puerto de la cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations