We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi

We are thinking about booking the above hotel (near the Lagos lido complex) but want to go out regularly so would like to know how easy it is to get to the main bus station from there - can anyone advise please - many thanks! Its over 20 years since I went to Puerto but seem to remember bus station is on other side of town

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi Joe

Not altogether sure what I am talking about but when was that ever a hindrance to a Bradfordian!

You are right about the relationships of the 2 places to Plaza de Charco if you take that as the centre of town. In walking terms (depending onyour normal walking speed) it is about 10 - 15 minutes. You might find a short, sharp pull at some stage but you soon learn the short cuts. No idea about the service buses between the two points but as far as I know you can just hop on and off the free Loro Parque toy train whether you are going there or not. It certainly stops just by the Catalonia and I would be surprised if it did not stop somewhere close to the bus station.

I visited for the first time in March this year and really liked the place. Was quite lazy but getting around by bus is pretty easy. In London for a pre-retirement break at the moment so stood down from research duties but I am sure one of the regulars will link you to timetables. In the meantime look up the Bona Pass system - great savings.

Looking at maybe going back for the carnival next year but whenever you go do have a great time.

John

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Thanks for the help John - wouldn't be a problem for me walking that far but my other half has walking problems since a footpath collapsed under her on a walk near Sorrento a few years ago - I had walked over the same part of the path 10 seconds previously!

Good idea re the Loro Parque train though - maybe someone will know if that goes by the bus station and if we could get off there if it did - I seem to remember it ran along the coast but it was 20 years ago +!!

I remember quite liking the old town part of Puerto but thought the rest was a bit of a concrete jungle - though nothing like as hideous as Playa which I just drove straight through! Loved the countryside in the north though and Fiona has ever been ( we are Grecophiles so spend most of our holidays there) and would like to see as much as I did - mind you I drove almost continuously for 3 days to see as muchh as I could!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

There is bus service from outside the Las Vegas to Punta Brava. I'm not sure if it stops outside the bus station (which has relocated uphill since your last visit) but it passes through the town and I'm sure there will be a stop nearby. A taxi would be about €4.00. There is a taxi rank outside the hotel, too. The Las Vegas is in a great position for walks to most parts of the town.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

Tommy

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Thanks Tommy - yes the position looks excellent - most of the other lower cost ones are further out so not ideal. I downloaded the timetables but couldn't find a bus map

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi, the Loro Parque road train takes various routes to the park, not always via the bus station. It does not stop on route, only at traffic lights. Occasionally people get off, but I would not suggest it. There are two local urban buses that leave from the hotel, but they go via Plaza Charco, which is still an up hill walk to the buses. I suggest you use a taxi.

The buses no longer use the bus station, but use the road just above it. The bus station is due for replacement, sometime.

The sea front has changed little in 20 years. The lido has been remodelled, and is now traffic freeA couple of hotels have been built and rebuilt. The Martinez beach walk and cafe has been improved. The camels have gone, remember them?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi

Getting to the bus station from your hotel can be a little difficult if you have walking problems.

The train does not stop ,so this is a no go .

Things are improving in Puerto and walking routes for people with walking difficulties are being introduced ,but at some place you will have some slight uphill walk .

As Ricky suggests ,you would be better to pick up a taxi from outside of the hotel .

Not knowing the extent of the walking. difficulties ,I will add , my wife is a left leg amputee and she can manage to get to the station ,from the far end of the prom .

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Thanks very much both - very useful info - how far is Plaza Charco from the bus station - she can walk a few hundred yards maybe up to half a mile

(Don't remember the camels!)

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi

Your wife would probably be able to make it from there , but from experience, from there to the bus station is where most of the difficult walking is

From the square you either have to walk up a fairly steep bank , to the top road , or walk along the bottom street ,with one or two small inclines and then take another gradual bank up to the bus station .

Most of the improvements are around your hotel area ,as this is where the more recent hotels have been built .

When we first went to Puerto it was a standing joke getting up and down the banks , but they have realised that, if they want tourist trade ,they are going to have to improve movement around the town .

Don't let this put you off, as Puerto is a beautiful town , and you will find the easy ways to get around .

Edited: 20 August 2013, 12:41
Chester
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Hi Joe,

we boarded the road train by your hotel 2 weeks ago but it did not pass anywhere near the bus station. The taxi rank and bus stop are next to the road train starting point. Min charge for taxi's is 3.5 e which should cover most trips in PDLC. Plaza del Charco is just over 1/2 way to the bus station which is by the Dania Park / Magec. Lots of routes to the bus station but it is 3 blocks after Plaza del Charco and about 2 blocks back depending on route.

Keith.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel to main bus station

Thanks very much both - I was just this minute looking on Google Maps and thought the bus station may be near that hotel