We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

Hi. Im planning a hol over Xmas and was about to book Marquesa hotel and eat out for dinner. Havent been to pdlc before. Just wondered if anyone could recommend any others that would be single friendly (mature). Just looking for a quiet time in the sun with some walking and sightseeing.

Thanks.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

Hi

You are right in the middle of the town and ideally placed for everything .

Most of the hotels are single/mature friendly ,and you should be perfectly safe where ever you choose .

There are so many good eating places ,all within minutes walking ,you will be spoilt for choice

At this time of year it is mostly elder/mature visitors who will be there so you will be ok . I have found that Puerto is one of the safest places to visit .

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

my choice would be the Monopol although I haven't stayed there I have stayed in the Marquesa and wasn't impressed. You might like to also consider the Las Vegas. This hotel is in a good central location and gets good reviews. The reason I suggest this is that they have an entertainment programme. This might appeal to you.

Hope you have a good holiday whatever you choose. I will be in Puerto with my family from the 28th December if you fancy a coffee

Edited: 11 November 2013, 14:04
Chester
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

Hi,

the Bahia Principe San Felipe has nice single rooms and it is on the front near the lido.

Keith.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

It depends on the type of hotel you want and the clientele. The Marquesa is a very traditional hotel, but reviews are mixed. The Monopol, next door, generally receives good reviews. The clientele in both is usually mature and international.

The Las Vegas, H10 and San Felipe are more more modern in design. They tend to attract more British, German and Scandinavian visitors. The Las Vegas is particularly popular with British guests.

All of these hotels are in great, central locations.

Puerto does not tend to attract younger visitors, so you should be fine from that point of view. Puerto is a great place to visit for Christmas. Have a great time.

Cheers

Tommy

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

Apartamentos Masaru could be a nice choice for you - in case walking is not a problem.

Masaru is located in La Paz area, some 15 minutes walk from the centre, but in the middle of lively - yet very peaceful and safe - La Paz with all the services you will need just around the corner.

6. Re: hotel b/b h/b or self catering - single lady

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations