We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

eindhoven
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz? Any suggestions are welcome.

e.g. Is Loro park worth going to on a rainy day?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

If its something more cultural than just holiday mode .....

PDLC has Museo Arqueologico ( museum) which has some Guanche artifacts from whom the Canarians are desended

Also ......Museo de Art Contemporaneo ,this art museum has one of Spains largest collections of contempory art ,from such artists as Juan Ismael and Oscar Dominguez

In near by La Ortava

Museo De Ceramica ( ceramics)

Museo De Artesania Iberoamericana ( handicrafts)

Loro on a rainy day ,IMO far better if is not but if you have coats or umbrellas it may be okay ...but i would myself do that when the weather ifs fair !

You could always head to somewhere else on the island ,the buses though i cant use them myself are excellent we are told and cheap ...just check out the weather reports for other areas before you set off.

But if you go and find you do have rain ,you like me are very unfortunate ,so hope its really nice weather for you

Edited: 17 December 2013, 09:33
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

Hi, it rarely rains all day. It is better to avoid Loro Parque on a bright sunny day, as the larger animals sleep in the shade. If you are unfortunate to have a damp day, there is plenty of cover. All the shows have covered seating areas. There is also a covered picnic area, as well as cafes and bars.

An alternative is the nearby shopping centre La Villa, where you will find all the Spanish high street stores, as well as multi screen cinema.

Mentioned in this post
Loro Parque
Loro Parque
23,808 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
eindhoven
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

Thanks for the recommendations! It seems that it will rain for a few days during our stay (Christamas week).

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
586 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

I wouldn't take too much notice of weather forecasts for more than a day or two in advance. Conditions can change unexpectedly. If it's cloudy or rainy, take a bus ride. Santa Cruz is always a good day out and often the weather is a bit warmer, too. Alternatively, explore other nearby towns such as Icod, La Orotava, La Laguna and Garanchico.

Just for the record, last Christmas was very warm and sunny throughout the holiday period. I'm hoping for the same this year.

Cheers

Tommy

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

Heres a site which may help ,not only gives the last years months of weather but forth coming days ,it may come up as a link

Sorry it wont accept it so removed

Edited: 18 December 2013, 18:01
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

I dont know what site Oneleg was trying to link to but this is Puerto in December 2012 wunderground.com/history/…calendar and as you can see this is the weather station at La Paz / Puerto De La Cruz for this month so far wunderground.com/history/…calendar

Hope it helps you decide what to pack

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Chester
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

"An alternative is the nearby shopping centre La Villa, where you will find all the Spanish high street stores, as well as multi screen cinema."

Where is this, what distance from PDLC?

Thanks,

Keith.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

Hi, La Villa shopping centre is between Puerto de la Cruz and Oratava. You can catch bus 350, it takes about 15 minutes. Every half hour. As well as La Villa, close by are other shops including an El Corte Ingles outlet, C&A, an electrical store, as well as a children's play area and cafes. Across the road is a large DIY store.

La Villa is closed most Sundays.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Portugal
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

When I click on the one in Aguilas' link, the reading that comes up shows weather history location as GXCO. When I search where that is, it's actually Los Rodeos Airport which is of course nothing like the weather on the coast at Puerto as it is 600 metres above sea level.

Weather readings for the north are often taken from the north airport which is partly why information can be misleading. AEMet (the Spanish Met Office) shows a more trustworthy forecast for each municipality on Tenerife. Most forecasts that talk just about Tenerife South and Tenerife North should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
10. Re: What to do on a rainy day in Puerto de la Cruz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz