We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dursley, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Hi, a group of four ages between 30 - 50 are looking for an All Inclusive in Tenerife. I think we've settled in Puerto de la Cruz, but can't decide between H10 Tenerife Playa and the Bahia Principe San Felipe. We're going first week of July and would prefer to avoid a hotel with lots of children and we're not too concerned about the entertainment. Hotel cleanliness, good food and and a decent pool to sunbathe along side and swim in would be factors, oh and preferably not too noisy!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Julie

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Hi Julie

These are two good hotels , next to each other on the traffic free prom .

The H10 is on the corner and the San Felipe is a hundred or so further along .Both are a few seconds walk from the small surfers beach , and close to lots of restaurants and shops .

My wife and I have stayed at the H10 for the last 10 years , and while it could do with a little updating , it is comfortable and the food is good . It has 2 pools ,1 of them heated and it has never been what I would call noisy .

We have never stayed at the San Felipe , but it is highly recomended by destination expert Sylla .

AI is good for some , but for me , there are so many great restaurants and places to eat and drink ,and not very expensive it is not worth eating in the hotel .

Whichever you choose ,I hope you enjoy yourself , and if you want any more information ,just ask

Chester
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Please reconsider AL, PDLC has too many good places to eat and the food and drink is very cheap.

We stayed at the San Felipe AL.

On our stay we queued for breakfast and dinner and the food was not very good, so we ended up eating out.

I would go back to the San Felipe on BB. The queue for the lifts can be long if the hotel is busy.

Dursley, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Thank you both for your advice. Still none the wiser on which hotel, but will certainly reconsider our All Inclusive choice

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Hi, I have not stayed in either of the hotels. Location is similar, although for the San Felipe you do have to cross a busy road, however the gardens are lovely. But I do agree with the issue of All Inclusive. There are hundreds of local bars and restaurants in Puerto de la Cruz. With a very wide choice of menus, more than any hotel could offer. Prices are also very reasonable. We have a lovely 3 course meal, with a drink for under 7€. There are a number of restaurants on the sea front, that offer similar deals. In the old town around the main plaza and harbour, you will be spoilt for choice, many providing local music.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

Hi

Been to PDC many times and returning to H10 in February. Half Board excellent, wouldn't go AI for reasons already stated. HB not much more expensive than B&B so you don't mind having a few meals out during your holiday and there are plenty places around which are very reasonable. Hope you enjoy your hol, whichever you choose.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

I don't know the Bahia but I have been inside the H10. It is right on the sea front so a good choice. Not setup for children. Mostly older people. Full board can be difficult everywhere, the food can vary from cold when it should be hot and vice versa to it all tasting the same if you are foodies! Personally I think the best hotel is Playa Canaria spa, but it is some walk downhill to the town, so therefore quite a long climb back. They have a music garden and sports team and that can be fun for any age. San Antonio and Hotel Eden quite different but worth checking out. Hope this helps a little.

7. Re: H10 Tenerife Playa or Bahia Principe San Felipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz