We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

Hi all,

I hope to come to PDLC in a couple of weeks for a short self catering break. Can anyone suggest accomodation? I am female, travelling alone and would like to stay in the centre, somewhere relatively peaceful. Puerto looks beautiful and `real`... is this a good destination for me? I like to walk, chill in the sun, horse ride and shop!

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Sue.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

We used the Diamante apartments next to Hotel Turquesa Playa , they are just a 15 minute walk from the bus station and handy for Loro Park

Chester
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

Hi,

Apartments Casablanca, a few minutes walk to the Lido, Orchid Gardens, Botanical Gardens and the Water Gardens.

Keith.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

Hi

If you want to be near the centre, shops and restaurants ,have a look at the Alta and Bambi apartments .

We have visited Puerto for lots of years and have always felt safe ,and met many people on their own .

As for your interests , there are walks and a couple of walking companies ,but I have never heard of any horse riding facilities in the area .

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

Hi, the sea front has a large award winning sea water lido, with free-form pools in the shape of the Canary Islands. There are good facilities including changing rooms cafe etc. There is a small beach with surf school, and a larger 3 bay beach, with sun beds etc. The local buses are great to all parts of the island, including the airport. A large shopping mall with all the Spanish high street shops is just 10 minutes away. Bus 350, 1,05€.

Puerto has hundreds of local bars and restaurants, along with shady plazas and street cafes.

I am sure you will have a great time, and return with a lovely tan.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
586 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

Hi there,

Bambi/Astoria and Alta are all in the town centre. Diamanté, Turquesa and Bahia Playa are nearer to Playa Jardin and Loro Parque. Have a look at a map of the town and see which area you prefer. Playa Jardin tends to be a bit quieter with fewer bars, restaurants and shops. That said, it is only about 15 mins walk to the town centre rom there. My personal choice would be a town centre location. Bambi/Astoria have nice studios that would be ideal for a short break.

Cheers

Tommy

6. Re: Short break in Puerto de la Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz