We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newton Abbot...
4 posts
Save Topic
los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

my first question is how long does it take to travel between these two places please? around an hour?

second question is im a single parent taking a 9 year old boy so thinking of either staying in the south and checking out loro parque on a day trip or just staying in Puerto de la cruz for the whole time but frightened my son will get bored if there isn't much to do?

thanks

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

Hi there , when my daughter was around that age unless she met a " friend "on holiday she was always bored and the resort was of no importance. I think you would be best to check out a hotel that suts you with children's activities in either place ,and that should make the decision for you.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

Hi, my children had some lovely holidays in Puerto, as well as Loro Park, there is a large 3 bay sheltered beach, with good facilities, and a smaller one with a surf school. Both are Blue Flag. There is also a lovely salt-water lido complex on the sea front, with free-form pools. Although our children spent a lot of time in the rock pools. There are hundreds of bars and restaurants, children are welcomed. Our favorite is a Chinease buffet, and McDomalds.

Ther is a good bus service to all parts of the island, including, local towns, Santa Cruz just 40 minutes away. And Los Cristianos just over an hour.

Puerto is a local town as well as the original resort, but it does lack the water parks, boat trips etc of the southern purpose built resorts.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,824 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

If you type Los Cristianos on Google Maps and ask for directions to Puerto de la Cruz it will tell you that if you are going by car the journey will take you 1hr 16 mins without any traffic (that must be in the middle of the night), If you go by bus then Google says 2h 2 min using the 110 or 111 and if you use the 343 which is the express it is 1 h 45 min.

On the second part of your question I think LA CoAntrim has given good advice, apart from black sand beaches and Loro Parque in Puerto you son would be relying on meeting other youngsters for entertainment. However in the south there are lots more things he could be doing either with others he meets, on his own or with you. Just as some examples we have 2 zoos and 2 water parks, there is crazy golf and during the school holidays July to Sept free games on the beach for kids. For a small fee (think it is €15 for 2 hours) he could be with others his age learning golf or tennis so you could have a little time to yourself and perhaps enjoy a spa, - I assumed you are a lady posting and not a bloke !!!

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

4. Re: los cristianos or puerto de la cruz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17