We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly restaurants

3 posts
Save Topic
Child friendly restaurants

We are going to PDLC later this week, and staying at the casablanca apartments with our 10 and 7 year olds. Can anyone recommend some child friendly restaurants ( with kids menus ) ? Also has anyone tried the kids club at the casablanca ?

Chester
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly restaurants

Hi,

I did not realise the Casablanca had a kids club!! As far as child friendly restaurants go all restaurant like the kids.

Anyway, the Casablanca does a pizza for about 5 euros to eat in or take away. On the steps down to town is El Camino tapas bar and Carlos the owner is great with children and will cook anything you want if it is not on the menu and it is very cheap.

I cannot think of any restaurants that do kids menus but most will do chips and pizza.

If you need a restaurant with kids menus as the girls on reception as they are know everything ( Monica is very helpful).

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,398 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly restaurants

I am surprised if restaurants in Puerto dont do childrens menus but if this is indeed the case it is accepted as a way of life (at least here in the south) that you order 1 meal and a second plate and the children share.

It is also acceptable for adults to do the same as portions are normally quite generous unless you go for the menu del dia which can sometimes be skimped so they can match the price charged.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly restaurants

Hi

We have never ate in a restaurant that was not child friendly . Nearly all restaurants cater for families as this is the usual way of life in the Canaries .

If you have any problems, there is always the MacDonalds down by the lido .

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Child friendly restaurants

That's good to know. Was worried all the more kid friendly places were all down south. My 2 are happy to share adult portions as would be nice to try some local Spanish restaurants :)

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child friendly restaurants

Hi, you won't see fish fingers, chicken nuggets etc. on a menu. But as has been said, do as the locals do, ask for an extra plate. Local people love children, so I am sure they will be made a fuss of where ever you go.

Look for Menu del Dia, a 3 course meal with a drink for around 7€. There is also a good Chinese buffet restaurant on the sea front, all you can eat for 6€. Your children can pick what they want, and go back as often as they like. Ice cream is included.

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child friendly restaurants

Hi. I've seen a few places with kids menus during our current stay and most restaurants are child friendly. The only place which wasn't was the ocean club in punta brava but generally everywhere else is. Enjoy your holiday! It's a bit cloudy today but the sun is starting to break through x

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Child friendly restaurants

Thanks for the info, we will be there this time tomorrow so very excited ! X

8. Re: Child friendly restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz